All Topics / Opinionated! / $600 bonus

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Profile photo of Matt KennyMatt Kenny
    @matt-kenny

Hey Matt,

Hobart (New Town). Moved here to go to Uni 7 years ago and still haven’t finished .

Where are you?

BlackJack,

From Hobart originally – Now my wife and 4 little ones live at Dodges Ferry.

We team teach at Dunalley primary – we share a class so one of us can stay home and look after the young ‘uns.

New to the IP game – just 1 IP negatively geared. Looking forward to the challenge of more!!

Matt

Profile photo of BlackJackBlackJack
    Participant
    @blackjack

Jo,

[lmao]

That’s social suicide!!! (His, that is)

Participant
    @blackjack

Just down the road, Matt!!

With four little kiddies already you could just about open your own school soon!

I’ve only got one IP too (and PPOR) but study the Real Estate guide religiously amongst other things. Always on the lookout but equally disheartened knowing how cheap places were just a couple of years ago. Hindsight *sigh*…

ps. Was at Dunalley last week for a play. Pass through occasionally on the way to see the olds at Taranna. Yummy bakery.

Profile photo of Matt KennyMatt Kenny
    @matt-kenny

BlackJack,

Hindsight Oh Well.

Moved to Dodges 3 years ago. don’t know how many sub 100K properties we looked at in that time, even sub 60K properties. If only we had snapped a couple up.

I would like to invest closer to home – where around Hobart would you think of investing?

My accountant friend and I are thinking of teaming up in a partnership – we’ve been looking at Risdon Vale, Rokeby, but even these have rocketed in our latest boom.

I don’t work Friday’s so I look forward to dropping off the kids, getting my youngest to sleep and sitting back with a long coffee while I pour over the RE guide.

cheers

Matt

Participant
    @blackjack

Your game, Matt.

With the current tenant & PM troubles I’m having with my existing IP I don’t know if I could bring myself to invest in either Rokeby or Risdon Vale or surrounding suburbs.

I certainly can’t afford to invest in New Town again – as much as I’d like to. There are still a couple of affordable properties in Goodwood and Moonah (never thought I’d invest there either!) and I’m still eyeing off New Norfolk (although the prices there are way over-priced at the moment but I think will be the first to drop should/when rates go up.

I’m afraid I’m an old, cute house type person and I would also love some land (Collinsvale/Molesworth ?!?), but I do buy from the heart not the head.

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

certainly sounds like some very dedicated parents out there which is very uplifting to hear. MOnopoly, I would have died if my mum did that!!!!

Richmond, my Nan was also a single mum not form choice as my grandfather chose to leave her and move to Adelainde only to get depressed and commit suicide by driving into a tree!!! Nanna didn’t have any choice and there wasn’t any family benefits in those days so she had to battle it out with three kids and work too. I take my hat off to her and I absolutely love her to bits.

She wouldn’t be the person she is now and at the place in her life that she is either. Good luck to all those single parents doing the right thing. I don’t think anyone means to put you down, everyone seems frustrated that there are a select few who make wrong choices and don’t realise the consequences of them.

Ho hum. THat’s life…

STeph.

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Mines all gone now

1. Sewing Machine $400
    2. Two tickets to formal ball tonite $200
    3. A great dress for my wife. $300. Boy does he look hot.
    4. Bought a suit in the Myers Sales $300. Got it for half price. Take an extra 25% off the already discounted red ticket price. plus shareholder discount. You beauty. shareholder card finishes end of july.

So there goes the $1200.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

hehe yack- funny :) your kids will be outside the Ball, staring through the window panes, hoping that the good folk inside the Ball might toss them some bread and dripping for their supper. [laughing]

Enjoy the Ball ;)

kay henry

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Yeah the kids have nanna and grandpa to hassle tonight. I hope they sleep in alot later than normal tomorrow morning.

Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

Hey everyone, I’ve been edited…
    It was fun while it lasted, I really feel a part of this forum now (the naughty part anyway..)
    [suave2]

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Congratulations Wallflower, you have gained recognition! [biggrin]

Celivia

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Careful Wallflower, soon you will have a “rep” you troublemaker you !!!!

Enjoy yr dinner ( you know what I mean !!!! & Congrats )

Scott

@wallflower

Thanks Scott, dragged hubby outta bed at 6 in the mornin’ to go property hunting….got da bug

had a great night ,daddy and d are fantastic

Get your ass over here !!!

@wallflower

Celivia

Recognition eh? sounds like a cry for help, I blame my childhood

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.