All Topics / Help Needed! / Hollywood stars homeless in King Country

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Guys

Item in newspaper about Taumarunui:

Hollywood stars homeless in King Country
    24 June 2004
    By INGER VOS

Wanted: accommodation for film star Kiefer Sutherland.

Silverscreen Films is looking for accommodation in Taumarunui for up to 150 cast and crew members of River Queen, featuring Sutherland, Academy Award-nominee Samantha Morton and New Zealand’s Temuera Morrison.

Silverscreen Films publicist Sue May said the film would be shot in remote bush south of Taumarunui in the last week of July.

“We are looking for accommodation for 120-150 people and will be needing houses that are fully furnished,” she said.

First National Real Estate property manager Petra Kroes said the film company could be hard-pressed to find rental properties in the southern King Country town.

“All our accommodation is hired out because of the ski season starting now,” she said.

Filming of the historical drama, written and directed by Vincent Ward, begins tomorrow in Wanganui.

If you have fully furnished accommodation in Taumarunui phone Stephen Austin: (04) 381-3270

Can any of you Aussies that have bought in Taumarunui help out?[baaa]

Regards

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Interesting storey Muppet

the NZ film industry is going from strenght to strength to strength. Its not Just Whale riding and Lord of the Rings. Now we have the Nadia series and many more (notice i say we, ooops i mean they). Its interesting the impact of Lord of the Rings Air NZ has painted planes out, its all over Wellington Airport, they even changed the name of NZ’s largest city to Orcland or is it spelt Auckland, next Helen Clark will change her name to Gandalf.

well done to the Aussies who have been buying in Taumaranui, i know one NZ spotter (no not us), well know to the forum, Name starts with Mini, who has been buying for her clients there,

regards westan

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Westan & Muppet,

That’t very exciting news for Taumarunui…..

When will NZ ever do a new TV series?

It will be good to finally see an end to Coronation Street!!

I’m sure Australia could sell them a few cheap ones, like “Prisoner”…[blush2]

Bye,

Del

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Wilandel

I see that the local NZ soap Shortland Street has just clocked up 3000 episodes over a 12 year reign.
    Mind you it is still a long, long way behind Coro Street.

Mini’s friend has also done well in Taumarunui.

Westan, you must be slipping. ESC have just listed a house on your doorstep in Gore.6 Surrey Street listed for $44k and a finders fee of $1995.

Regards

Regards

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi muppett

i must have missed that one in Gore, i must be spilling isn’t it good to see ESC charge a reasonable fee. I can’t believe they charge $3995 usually. Ouch

Del

i couldn’t believe it when i saw that Coronation street was still on TV in NZ (but i think they still air it in the UK) Luckily i’ve been too busy to watch it, actually too busy to watch tv except the Aussie rules highlights once a week , even have some Kiwi friends call in to join me when its on. And Muppet i haven’t seen the fine Kiwi Drama shortland st (not really my thing i guess). Muppet i worked out why they filmed Lord of the Rings in NZ , they could save money by not needing any make up on the extras (thats the orc’s) [biggrin].

regards westan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.