All Topics / Help Needed! / Block of units

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Hello i have a questions on building a block of units i would like to know where to begin after i have purchased the appropriate block of land to build.
    So generally where would i start?
    Dom[biggrin]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Dom, if you know that it’s zoned for units, then I guess you would probably contact an architect to start to draw up some plans for you – fitting in with council guidelines of course….

That’s just a guess though[:)]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Hi Salacious,
    Ideally it is best to check with the local council before buying a block of land. Having said that, Mel, is right find out from council if there are any restrictions on the block and get a general idea of what council is likely to approve. Then I would find a local architect/draftsperson, have them look at the block and give them some general guidelines of what you would like to do. The architect will draw up an agreement and,depending on how much you can afford to pay, will do most of the work from there on to get the plans approved.
    Depending on the council, this could take from 4weeks to 12 months, good luck.
    Sue [biggrin]
    P.S. Draftspeople are cheaper…

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Start selling them off the plan![biggrin]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.