All Topics / Help Needed! / Price range to invest in ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of JayhayleyJayhayley
    @jayhayley

After finishing reading 0-130 properties and becoming familiar with the 11 second solution, am I correct in saying that most residential investment properties are around the 110k-130k price range ?

Jay

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Jay,

As a broadbrushed statement yes – property more likely to meet the 11 sec solution tends be located at the lower end of the scale and in country/regional areas – having said that I am sure some of the passionate and learned cashflow investors will come along and give examples outside the range you indicated.

Bear in mind median prices in the major cities in Australia are all over $200K. (Adelaide?)

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Jay,

A lot of the people who used to buy in Australian regional towns etc… have turned to investing in regional towns of NZ.

You can still easily pick up houses less than $50,000, with a gross rental return of at least 11% minimum. I was in NZ last month and still bought one ppty on 17% gross return. The house was grossly underpriced. When I paid a valuer to value the property, the valuation come in at $57k. I paid $40k. There are still bargains, if you know where to look.

Caveat emptor…

Good luck,

Del

Profile photo of shane gshane g
    @shane-g

What area’s of NZ?

sg

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi,

If you do a search on “NZ towns”, I’m sure you will find lots of info on towns that us Aussies are buying in.

Tokoroa will have lots of info, but do your research before you jump in.

Good luck,

Del

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi shane

In the North Island try Tokoroa, Taumarunui, Te Kuiti, Wanganui, Marton, Gisborne, Rotorua and Wairoa.

For the South Island send Westan a PM.

Also try http://www.realenz.co.nz
    Most houses for sale are listed on that site.

Regards

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

run run run for distant shores to invest as there are no bargains here……..RUBBISH!!!!!

Ok so they are a bit harder to find but yes the banks here lend on them, yes you do get good capital growth, sustainable due to infrastructure, and if you must go overseas….tassie isnt to bad either.

($80k/$130rent) available now.

DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of Matt KennyMatt Kenny
    @matt-kenny

Not too many 80K properties left in Tassie sorry. Many sub 50K properties on the West Coast most likely gain a positive cashflow but little CG

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi There,
    Agree with DD, still good buys out there –
    just been advised that my offer on an IP has been accepted – $25,000, major regional town. Rent $100-110. The property requires about $5,000 to replace carpet and quick make over job.

[exhappy]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Cool Marisa! comes complete with tenant? Or do you have to find one? If so, hopefully they are in numbers for you![:)]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi Melbear, no tenant, however high demand for rental properties in this region + additional bonus coming my way approximately 500 employees will require rental properties shortly….

Yippie…… What a show off I am, I have a good reason, my first +ve geared IP.

How about you??? any good news to share…..[biggrin]

@melbear

Not right at the moment. Waiting on settlement of my first (and probably only) purchase in Sydney – a terrace in Paddington. The seller (a friend) said he might have lined up a tenant for me too – so that’s good news.[:)]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Terrace in Paddington, …… must have cost squillions?
    All the best. Cheers, Marisa[biggrin]

@melbear
    Originally posted by Marisa:

Terrace in Paddington, …… must have cost squillions?
    All the best. Cheers, Marisa[biggrin]

Ummmm, yep. Almost twice the highest price I have previously paid! Gotta love Sydney[biggrin]

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.