All Topics / General Property / State Trustees Auction

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of caseycasey
    Participant
    @casey

Sorry if this is the wrong forum board but wasn’t sure where it should go.
    Just curious on the following.
    I know of a house that is being auctioned on behalf of the State Trustees.

The agent that is conducting the auction is a friend of one of the beneficiaries so the preferred agent from the ST is not being used.

Is it important to use a preffered agent of the ST for better service etc?
    Unfortunately the other beneficiaries were not told at the time the agent who got the job was a friend of one of the beneficiaries!

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

All agents are almost the same to me. I notice that any State Trustees auction in my area is always done by the same agent.

They are no different from the others in the area. They have probably been around the longest.

And thats also the case in another area where I have a property.

It seems to me that State Trustees dont change their agents often.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Unless the auctioneer is going to give a kickback to the ‘friend’ it shouldn’t matter, as they are out to get the highest price possible.

this will benefit ALL of the beneficiaries – and the agent may work harder as it is a mate, rather than just doing it for the public trustee and having no real interest in the price etc…

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

For info on the State Trustess go to their website http://www.statetrustees.com.au It details how they operate and all that interesting stuff they do, riveting reading.

Profile photo of caseycasey
    Participant
    @casey

I intentionally left a few things out on my original post so am including the details here.

The auction is in Melbourne this Saturday 3rd July. I am close to one of the beneficiaries.
    On the State Trustees auction page this auction is not listed. The beneficaries agreed to use another agent one not normally used by the ST so this maybe the reason the auction notice is not on the ST web site. Would this put a disadvantage on the sale? Not having the auction listed on the ST page.
    There are 6 beneficiaries and one of them who will be called Tom here told the other beneficiaries that he preffered to use an agent he had dealt with and not to use the preffered agent the ST use . I think you can bet the agent is a friend of Tom’s (the beneficiary) as he really put down the agent favoured by the ST even though Tom had not dealt with this agent since 1998.

Is it important to use an agent preffered by the ST as stated on their site?
    I really believe Tom is using his preffered agent for his or agents own gain. But try telling this to the other beneficiaries!

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

It would make no difference at all. Who looks at the state Trustees web site anyway to buy a property.

I would prefer to have a home sold by an agent of one of the beneficies than just the state trustees appointed one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.