All Topics / Creative Investing / property for sale

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of GrantH_1974GrantH_1974
    @granth_1974
    Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

PM sent – Also I suggest you keep the details of this property hidden… You never know!!!

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Jason,

As is often quoted in here:

If you are not embarrassed by your offer, you are offering too much [blush2]

Your observations are valid ones, and you have obviously done your homework…well done!!!! So IMO……Go for it!!!!!

I’d offer $270K to start with, and see where it goes from there!!! You never know….the longer the property sits there, the better bargaining power you have, and if the sale is due to separation/divorce reason, they will no doubt need to settle quickly!!! Which BTW, if you negotiate a shorter settlement, may help to persuade them.

Sounds like an awesome deal!!!

Good luck, and keep us posted, especially if you score a “win”!!![medieval]

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Just offer a fair price to the vendor. Divorce is nothing to take advantage of.

kay henry

@monopoly

Chill out Kay,

I wasn’t suggesting anything of the kind, and never would!!!

I have been through a separation/divorce myself, and understand the torment associated with this kind of loss; all I meant was, that if they are going to be parting ways, they probably want to get things sorted out as quickly as possible, and therefore a shorter settlement would do this!!

Jo

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Rob, I bet you $1000 that Kay would NOT take advantage of anybody!

Cheers
    Mel

@kay-henry

Thanks Mel :o) That’s because you know me :) I wasn’t gonna respond (I don’t bother) but thanks for just being your good self.

kay henry

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

I had an interesting experience on the weekend.
    A vendor (who hasn’t put his property on the market yet) approached me to buy his property.
    He suggested a price of $160k. Now, I have to say upfront that I don’t want this property, because I have concerns about its future. It’s too rundown to renovate, you can’t subdivide it, most of the property is on a flood plain, it’s zoned rural… etc etc. Maybe one day it could be rezoned into commercial (there are only houses on the opposite side of the road, which is residential) and be worth a fortune – but right now about all you could do is knock down the shack and build a house, with the risk the land may be seconded down the track.
    Anyway, the question then becomes – what is the property worth? I rarely see anything under $200k in that area, but then again, even the worst of those are probably up for renovation. Land can start anywhere from the low $100s…
    I guess the point I’m trying to make here is – what is the fair price? Is it $160k because that’s what he wants? Is it higher based on the slim chance that one day it could be a gold mine? Is it less because it’s really only land value?
    In the end, the fair price is going to be the price that we’re both happy with, because there’s really nothing else to compare it to.
    In the end, I think in all negotiations the fair price is the one that both parties are happy with.

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

The Fair Price and the Market Price are the same thing!

Just as FW said … it is the price that boths parties are happy to pay and receive.

Negotiation is part of the game.

Even though they are getting divorced they won’t accept a price that is totally out of their expectation. But because they are getting divorced they will be more open to a reasonable offer and that might be a lower price for a quick turn around … it’s all about give and take.

Cheers
    Leigh K[biggrin]

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Yes a fair price should be a win/win- where both parties are willing to trade/negotiate but neither of them should be so anxious that they would overlook any ‘normal’ considerations.
    Both should be happy with the price, in the end.

ANd the value of land is set by supply and demand, of course. THe value will always be influenced by how desirable a property/land is, how useful it is (think about location, size and shape and zoning).

Celivia

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

And has anyone here ever offered a ridiculously low amount for something they don’t really want which is eventually accepted???

No I haven’t.
    I dont’ really think of buying things I don’t want.
    I only buy things that I want in my life, and it hasn’t really occurred to me to make offers on things I don’t want. Maybe I have no good business sense, but I am happy with that.

I want my life to be ‘fairly’ simple, have things and people in my life that I LIKE.

Not saying anything about being right or wrong here, it’s a personal choice.

Celivia

Profile photo of baloobaloo
    Participant
    @baloo

Has a post been deleted or edited ? There seems to be a lot of Kay bashing in this thread but the only post of hers I see directed at the topic is this one..

Originally posted by kay henry:

Just offer a fair price to the vendor. Divorce is nothing to take advantage of.

kay henry

@monopoly

Hi Baloo,

It seems the topic has taken on a “moralistic” turn, and it is not my (or anyone else’s)intention to “bash” anyone, however the issue of “taking advantage” of a situtaion (i.e. offering a lower price) due to the vendors separation/divorce circumstances has sparked a bit of contraversy.

Cheers,

Jo

@kay-henry

No Baloo- the words by me have not been edited. I don’t edit my posts. Those were the words I said originally.

kay henry

Profile photo of baloobaloo
    Participant
    @baloo

MA,

Without getting into a debate, my post did state there was only one Kay post directed at the thread topic.

Secondly, I am not sure what you mean by anyone being obligated to respond. There is no obligation to respond on any internet forum, especially one where all players are for the most part anonymous.

Thirdly, if you interpretation of a someones post that has no mention of you means you feel they are implying that you are not worth the effort, then I would suggest you need to keep your insecurities in check. But that’s just my interpretation and my opinion, which I am allowed to have.

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

[offtopic]

Get back on topic or this thread will be closed.

Leigh K
    Mod

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.