All Topics / General Property / is a builder obliged to fix problems?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Misty1Misty1
    @misty1

Howdy all. Just wondering: on a newly built house, is the builder obligated to come back up to a certain amount of time to fix problems,free? I am concerned mine will say “bad luck” unless i pay up,even though house is only 6mnths old,& problem is a re-occuring one from day 1.
    If so,up to how long? If he refuses,is his insurance meant to cover problems? (ie; can i approach his insurance co. & claim his “negligent work”??)[confused2]

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Misty,

Check with your state’s builder’s registration board.

As a rule of thumb statement new properties have a maintenance period within which time you need to contact the builder and inform them of any maintenance required.

There is also a structural period of ~6 years depending on which state you are in.

If you have any issues with building maintenance then contact your Builders Registration Board and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of Misty1Misty1
    @misty1

Thanx Derek.[biggrin]

Profile photo of gershalgershal
    @gershal

did you sign a contract with the builder?

you may find your answer in that!!

check for information noted under “defects liabilty period”.

seek professional opinion to desribe work negligent.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.