All Topics / Help Needed! / It’s “My Move” but when do I do it ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of agedownunderagedownunder
    Participant
    @agedownunder

I have just completed a sbbdivision and plan to build a new PPR there. More to borrow to do that ( about 120k ).

When completed I intend to sell my current PPR and use those funds to reduce debt on the NEW PPR.

I want to purchase another IP ( +CF ) but I am not sure when to make my move in that direction.

I am thinking that it may be better to wait untill I have done the above and then buy the IP after that.I think my lender would be better doing it that way!

My equity in my 2 -CF IPs is about 170k
    PPR eqiuty about 60k
    Subdivision equity 50k

Am I being too careful ??

Buy new!
    Never Sell!

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

I don’t think any of us can tell you if you’re being too careful or not – that’s really a personal decision!!

If you are borrowing to build your new PPOR, I personally would wait til I have sold the old PPOR and paid off some debt before reborrowing – to me it just seems that it would make it a little tidier. Of course, you could sell your current PPOR now, and rent back for x months until your new one is ready, so you won’t be delayed whilst building.

Good luck with what you decide

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Im with Melbear, decisions should only be yours but at least its informed after a few chats in here.
    Positive cashflow units in Launceston now available. $80k to buy means $16k deposit and $5k for legals/stamp duty. $21k equity to pull $130/wk back out could actually get you equity while your house is being built. With minimal interuption to your plans.

Email or PM me if you like

DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of shane gshane g
    @shane-g

Is Launceston the go?What is the tax implications in the area,rates etc?

sg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.