All Topics / General Property / Sharing Tips-

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 137 total)
  • Profile photo of petronapetrona
    @petrona

TIP

Always look up when you're viewing a property.  Inside, this can reveal things like sagging ceilings and bad peeling in places like the bathroom; outside, it will tell you if the gutters etc look like they need work (whether this is repainting or replacement).

TIP

Feel the fear and do it anyway.  Most people are naysayers, and out of the goodness of their hearts, try to discourage you from getting into property investment.  However, most people retire to live on their super, a pension, or combination of the two.  You don't want to be like most people!!  As long as your decisions are informed ones, you'll be in the right ballpark for the kind of retirement most people need to win Lotto to have.

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Latest tips i learn was.

1). That often it's paint that is raved about that adds so much value and is cost effective… not taking a hell of a lot of time to do. Paint is undeniably a great tool. But the refreshing ease of watching a skilled driver unload blue metal gravel to form a low maintenance 'total' rear area topped the painting for how quick and easy it is (where blue metal gravel is a good option). Explaining well to the driver that you want to do as little work as possible by leveling and that you want it evenly spread on unloading rather then dumping it in one big heap then working the whole day shoveling is key. And not bad on the hip pocket.

2). I thought the humble Hammer & Saw were two of the most important things to have as tool renovating but the Jimmy bar saved the day many times in lots of different situations.

Profile photo of judithscottjudithscott
    @judithscott
    aussierogue wrote:
    tip buy in a low market, sell in a high market

I agree with you really!

Profile photo of VikkieSmith12VikkieSmith12
    @vikkiesmith12

Tip
    >>When posting on craigslist – change IP often, post 1 ad pr day with 1 verified phone – never flagged other people -it’s too unethical!!!
    Tip
    >> choose who to trust – be wise in choosing your real estate agent.
    Tip
    >>Think twice before buying property – try considering different factor that might affect you.

Great Deals on REO Properties in Raleigh, North Carolina”

Profile photo of jmiellejmielle
    Participant
    @jmielle

If anyone is interested in seeing my video on a property renovation I did in 5 weeks. The house was valued at $325K with tenants. It looked an absolute mess. I gave them notice and decided to renovate it. 5 weeks later it sold for $415K. I invested around $20k on reno costs. So my tip is before you sell, think about renovating first. Sometimes new carpet and a splash of paint can add thousands. And always paint with wine!

Profile photo of katchardgutierezkatchardgutierez
    @katchardgutierez

TIP:
    – Always leave feedback or let them give you feedback.

-Always tell your client the truth.

-Always be open minded, learn to accept new things and never be afraid to try new things.

Profile photo of Neville_DiasNeville_Dias
    @neville_dias

Tip
    Always be innovative. Think about other opportunities you can gain. May be small modification can increase the value of the property.

Tip

Get everything in written format. Verbal agreements cannot be proved in the court.

Profile photo of YoungInvestorYoungInvestor
    Participant
    @younginvestor

Whatever happened to redwing? no posts for a while…

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money
    Profile photo of YoungInvestorYoungInvestor
    Participant
    @younginvestor

Not spam mate – just interested.

Used to learn a lot from certain people a few years back and just wonder where they are.

Why so cynical?

Profile photo of marx3bullmarx3bull
    @marx3bull

Tip

Before buying the property, ask neighbors whether that is a hunted house or not ;-(

Miami luxury car rental

Profile photo of angelodeleon808angelodeleon808
    Participant
    @angelodeleon808

SIMPLEST TIP IN LIFE:

Always Think Positively and Positive Things Will Happen.

You control your life's journey, you decide where to go.

Profile photo of rickypleasrickypleas
    @rickypleas

TIP:

Try to advertise by all means as possible. You can do it by flyers, ads, posters; through online advertising; or by word of mouth.

Profile photo of urbanedgeurbanedge
    @urbanedge

what a very awesome tips !!  glad to came up in this forum .. thanks for  sharing your ideas ! i gather lots of information from here .. 

Profile photo of heathersheathers
    @heathers

Ebay is a fantastic place to buy second hand property investment books and courses at a fraction of their cost!

Profile photo of The ImmigrantThe Immigrant
    @the-immigrant

It's hard to offer a tip or two when I don't have any IP to start. But hopefully my first IP will commence soon.
    But thanks for the wonderful posts offered on this thread; very educational.

Profile photo of GeraldineMGeraldineM
    @geraldinem

Tips –

1..  It the goal is to BE rich, you can't afford to be focusing on LOOKING rich.

2..  Treat tenants as YOU would like to be treated.

3..  Buy in areas that have more than one type of appeal – e.g. beach-side living, retirement destination.

4..  Build/buy properties that target smaller families – its the future.

5..  Its the land that ultimately has the value, so buy well located or larger blocks.

6.. Our best buys come from watching what hasn't sold, and making a lower offer before the price is reduced.

7..  Be willing to add value.  This can give 'instant' equity, or your deposit, so you can go on to buy more.

8..  Look for areas that seem too cheap compared to nearby locations – they probably are!

9..  Ring local property managers before buying.  They are a mine of information and generally helpful.

10. Don't discuss property with family or others who are not investing.  Find people who are already doing it.

Profile photo of last chancelast chance
    @last-chance

Tip
    Buy an IP really just do it! Then buy another one and so on…retire young and wealthy

Tip
    Newer is better. The building Depreciation on new buildings is fantastic 

Tip
    Don't buy your holiday home first…your aspirations will change over time

Enjoy the process

Profile photo of margaret carmodymargaret carmody
    @margaret-carmody

we are considering buying a property in brisbane. we are looking for land and would like to know how much it would cost to remove old post war houses—so that we can use the land to build on.
    Is it better to demolish or remove and sell to removalist or privately?

Also like to know if anyone can point us in a good direction for quality reputable  builders/house designers and what the cost would be to build a small lowset 3 to 4 bedroomopen plan  house, double garage and two bathrooms only. We are keen on mud brick or rammed earth?

Can anyone help

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Margaret you are better posting this as a new topic. This is a post about tips.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.