All Topics / General Property / Can ya top this?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin

Yesterday I ordered from homepriceguide, three postcode searches for the last 12mths of property sales. Cost me a total of $110 for the 3 and I had them emailed to me within 1/2 hour.[biggrin]

On one postcode, 4305, it turned up 51 pages! They must have nearly sold the whole town in the last 12 mths. Has anyone else gotten a guide larger in sales than this one? Can ya top this?[specool]

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

No can’t top it, but it does raise the question as to why the turnover is so high?

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

PurpleKiss :o)

I really think that it’s been the ending of the boom period that have a lot of people selling their houses. People have been realising it is finishing and have been getting in to realise that CG. How many of us sold last year? I know I did. Take the gain for the “poor performers” and buy into better performers. I doubt I’ll be selling at the next boom- the IP’s I have now are “keepers”… but the one I sold- je ne regrette rien :)

People have been selling up all over the place. How about this phrase:

“Buy and hold except when it’s old.”

I know… lame [baaa]

kay henry

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

A while back the Town of COLLIE (WA)looked like it was for sale to me..

Guess now The cycle continues, maybe people are also now looking at shares “Herd Mentality”, as stocks, not property are the Hot topic in the papers.

More sales seem to be happening in our local area, and some discounting too as there seems to be more properties on the market..

I’m Always on the lookout for a good IP though[biggrin]

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Brenda,

Just curious…

Which town is postcode 4305???

Regards,

Del

Profile photo of krazystylerkrazystyler
    @krazystyler

THat slmost looks like an adertisement for a suburb that you bought in to me, we all use any means to try to keep the prices going up.

Kevin

Profile photo of krazystylerkrazystyler
    @krazystyler

THat slmost looks like an adertisement for a suburb that you bought in to me, we all use any means to try to keep the prices going up.

But yes, ipswitch has has good growth, have you checked MAckay though, that has huge growth and huge potential for more growth, it even has an investment proforma on the governments local webite, now theres an add for you, lol

Kevin

Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin

I did buy one in Ipswich this year and sold one there last year. Bank says no more lending at present so I won’t likely be able to borrow more for a little while now.

Mostly, I got that postcode as it is the nearest major code near to where I live and was curious to find out how much houses were really selling for.

I do like Mackay and Rockhampton and Gladstone areas but again, limited borrowing for me unless I sell something first. At present, I am reasonably happy with the 24 inc ppor I have already got, and am incluned to keep them all if possible.

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss
    “Buy and hold except when it’s old.”

Love it Kaye!

Regards
    PK

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hey Brenda, have you looked at Steve Navra’s cashbond strategy to enable more borrowings from the bank?

I read some of his stuff on the weekend, and it looked like an excellent way to raise ‘income’ such that the bank will lend on a full doc basis – LEGALLY[thumbsupanim]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin

May need to look into Navras cashbonds in the future but at present, I am happy to just look after the ips I already have. Just maintaining and putting all those into a tax return is a lot of work. Don’t know if I’m ready for any more just yet.

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi Kay,
    I love the voice of ‘Little Sparrow’ too!
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.