All Topics / Opinionated! / Need Finance? – Nothing new!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Profile photo of The EccentricThe Eccentric
    @the-eccentric

<Deleted – See Nat R>

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I dont even know who Leonie is. She has not shown any good will to this forum from what I can gather.

If I needed the services of a mortgage broker I would probably look for someone from this forum who I respect and has a good track record of posts.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Guys,

i quite agree, if i am also looking for the service of a Mortgage Broker, i will be using and referring to the Guys on this forum, who have contributed and have shown a history of contribution, but also, contribute to the forum in a way, such as sharing general knowledge and appreciated professional advice.

Keep up the Good Work Team!

Cheers,
    sis

ps.. i dont know who is Leonie, but i have never seen any of her post yet… Posting for me, and being able to read the post from a particular contributor, shows me how reputable they are and their history of professional performance.

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Ok here goes, stone me if you will…..[fear]

The way that I see it is, that Steve & Dave see posts all the time from people saying:

Where can I get Wrap finance?

How can I borrow from Australia for property in NZ?

etc…etc…etc…

They are merely providing a service for those people who do not want to search the net and the yellow pages to find a suitable broker.

I’m in no means saying anything good or bad about Leonie’s company, but some people will simply like the quick application technique.

It IS Steve & Dave’s website, and it is another way to re-coup money to pay for this expensive website.

I’m sure they are not going to put the regular brokers out of business.

Good luck to all!! [king]

They found a need and filled it!!

Personally, when I need a broker, I will stick to my current one, but there are a lot of people who may appreciate the added service.

Just my thoughts,

Del

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

There does seems to be an inconsistency between the “no advertising rule” and the “Need Finance?” section service offering. Of course, it is Steve’s sight, so he can run it as he sees fit.

I would be far more inclined to speak to those who have contributed to this forum. And given the comments so far, that is a competitive advantage for those brokers on-line.

James

Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

Hi Rob,

This is good constructive criticism, but you can’t blame them for trying to differentiate brokers from one another. I think the point to drive home is that brokers posting here on site are able to build credibiltiy, and at the same time benefit everybody else in terms or expanding their knowledge.

So I see a major lack of initiative here that it wasn’t a mandatory requirement that Leonie & co contribute to the site, or even in the least introduce oneself to the regular members via posting a new thread! [whip]

I cannot hide my personal upset (sniffle) at this new feature of the site, it seems there is a double standard on advertising, even though Steve has every right to do this. However I do a tingle on my cheek, as whoever offers finance to this site should also be contributing to the forum, especially if they want to gain the credibility some of us other brokers seem to have, and have duly “earnt” over, for some of you, countless posts.

Perhaps the rest of us were not persistent or clear enough in our querys in relation to affiliations with the site?

Futhermore, I am surprised that even (and assuming that) no market research was undertaken to test the response of forum members, as we can see in this thread and some others, members look for posting brokers for knowledge.

My final point is, Leonie, if you want to gain credibility in this type of marketing medium (not to be confused with standard web-site referral system) you will need to step up to the plate and gain credibility by posting responses to the varied (but often repeated) queries on finance. From there I am sure you can make the most of your affiliation.

Liz

Mortgage Lender

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I can understand Steve setting up his own broking arm, and am surprised that he didn’t do it earlier. It is his website so I don’t think we can complain about him advertising here – and it was just one post afterall. There are plenty of clients out there for brokers, so I don’t think we have anything to worry about really.

btw. I have made over 1600 posts here over many years and have only ‘found’ about 6 clients from this website.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Terryw,

That is incredible – only about 6 clients in 1600 posts…It is amazing that you stick with the site…[blink]

Just wanted to say thanks on behalf of the many people over the years that you have helped.[biggrin]

Regards,

Del

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

This post was moved here because it is an opinion and this is the appropriate place for it!

Trust me, I tried with other mortgage brokers but had no joy. Once again, Leonie spotted and capitalised on an opportunity that was available (at that time) to any mortgage broker.

I’m sorry if other people feel offended. That was not my intention.

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

I am not perturbed by the recent introduction of the online finance application,
    As long as my colleagues and I continue to post in an impartial, professional and helpful manner, then I see no reason why we would not continue to gain the respect and any subsequent business that tends to follow on from our helpful replies to questions asked,

I originally became a member of PI.com back in Feb 2003, during this time I have enjoyed reading the many varied posts, formed strong friendships with some fellow members, all at no cost whatsoever,
    I believe Steve has every right to try and recoup some of the overheads incurred from the running of this site.

Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker

[email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au
    Ph:1800 820 500
    VICTORIA

PLEASE note comments made should NOT be taken as specific taxation, financial, legal or investment advice. Please seek professional, specific advice.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by Mobile Mortgage:

As long as my colleagues and I continue to post in an impartial, professional and helpful manner, then I see no reason why we would not continue to gain the respect and any subsequent business that tends to follow on from our helpful replies to questions asked,

Steven

Hi Steven,

I believe you have nailed it Steven – regular posters will gain the respect and credibility of the masses and as such I would be surprised if much ‘business’ (maybe lots of enquiries) per se will go the way of ‘Leonie’ – and that is not casting any aspersions on her capacity, legalities or skills as a broker.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

Hi again,

Just making sure my view is clarified. Steve good on your for good business sense in having this facility on your website – what a perfect place to get leads! BUT bad on you for not (in advance) getting Leonie to come on the site, this is a community, to gain respect from a community you don’t just set up shop, you NETWORK with the community. This is the essence and livelihood of the website.

Terry, I get alot of email enquiries, so far nothing has cryastlized but for me this is not important. This is where I come to stretch my mind (relax) and give some advice and bounce ideas around. I am more disconcerted at the lack of foresight for forum members reaction…

Steve get her on the site, into the “community” or people will boundary her out as a non-member (non-poster).

We other brokers may even take a shining to her?

Liz

Mortgage Lender

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

I think that with the amount of “CF+ acolytes” coming out of the woodwork in droves that this handy little “Get Finance Now” link will draw in some business.

The average member has maybe 1 or 2 posts – it takes time to find your feet, so why bother assessing how good the long suffering contributing brokers are when you can follow the link that Steve provides.

The site is inching towards a “one stop shop” with the strategy provided via the book, the finance via the website, so the logical next steps would be either property sourcing or inhouse legals.

Perhaps something far more exciting like a funds raising for a pool of investment properties and rather than direct ownership you own shares in the company that owns the property – good ROI and a fixed life for the company after which investment returned.

This is fine Steve Inc pays for it so he can do what he likes.

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Mobile Mortgage said

<<<<I believe Steve has every right to try and recoup some of the overheads incurred from the running of this site.>>>>

Bottom Line – I agree. Its a competetive market and Leonie wont have it all her way, but in the first instance she may get the inquiries. But needs to perform to keep people happy.

Good luck with it Steve.

Profile photo of _se7en__se7en_
    @_se7en_

Steve,

I can not beleive you have allowed this!

This is unfair to all the other brokers on this site.

I think that on your web links you should have web links to all the brokers who use this forum.

I know that this is your site, but if it was not for your members you would not have site worth visiting.

@_se7en_

So let me get this right.

There is a no advertings policy for this site.

Unless you give Steve a big cash kickback?

Queston:
    If somebody uses this broker and the loan goes pear-shaped because of breach of different acts, is Steve liable to fines and or lawsuit? (As he is acting as promoter)

@_se7en_

But they are not independent.

Quote:
    “PropertyInvesting.com and Edenlea make money by receiving a commission on all loans written. This is a great win-win because we have a vested interest in ensuring your loan is approved so we get paid.”

Profile photo of MyydralMyydral
    @myydral

Why are they not independant? Steve does not have any influence on the decisions made by Edenlea – he just provided the opportunity for people to reach a broker without requiring people to know other brokers on this site.

“Looking forward to the day when I can tell the boss where to go”

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

At the end of the day, if I want to get a loan from a broker ( whoever the broker is…. ) I wouldn’t really care if the broker gets paid the commission, and then shares it with whoever they want…..

The issue here is that Steve has created an extra stream of income…..

The brokers here, if they have NOT approached Steve about a similar arrangement are then whinging….. I’m not in ANY WAY having a go at the brokers… but it is about state of mind…..

Think outside the box/square…..

Steve – How many of the current brokers on this site, have attempted to join forces in the same or similar way ???

We need facts here folks….

At the end of the day, it IS Steve & Dave’s site, and they can do as they wish, and, obviously risk losing some members because of their decisions…..

But at the end of the day, this site is a BUSINESS…. and needs to make $$$ for it’s owner…..

OK, here’s one for the brokers…. can you come up with a deal for someone like me, who can refer borrowers to you ?? would you share your commission ???

Well, I have just referred a friend directly to a bank manager we deal with…. He is re-financing 15 loans…. We did not get a commission for this, but we did in turn get a 60% cut in bank fees, and, a lower rate on our following loan……

OK – So I get to the point

Look at how something can be done differently ( in this case loans )……. what can you do, to make yourself different from all the rest ????

Scott

Pelican Investments
    http://www.pelican-invest.com

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

“Two harlets stood before the King. One women said ‘By your leave , my lord, this woman and I live in the same house and I gave birth in the house while she was present. On the 3rd day after I gave birth, this woman also gave birth. This woman’s son died during the night; she smothered him by lying on him. Later that night she took my son from my side while I was sleeping. Then she laid him in her bosom, after she had laid her dead son in my bosom. I rose in the morning and saw it was not the son I had borne.”
    The other woman answered, “It is not so! The living one is my son, the dead one is yours.” Thus they argued before the king. Then the king said: “One woman claims, ‘This, the living one, is my child and the dead one is yours.’ The other answers, ‘No! The dead one is your child, the living one is mine.’ “Get me a sword.” When they brought the sword before him, he said, “Cut the living child in two, and give half to one woman and half to the other.” The woman whose son it was, in the anguish she felt for it, said to the king, “Please, my lord, give her the living child-please do not kill it!” The other, however, said, “It shall be neither mine nor yours. Divide it!” The king then answered, “Give the first one the living child! By no means kill it, for she is the mother.”

KINGS CHAPTER 3, verse 16.

Cheers,
    Gatsby!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.