All Topics / Finance / The best mortgage broker in Melbourne

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of elika7264elika7264
    @elika7264

Hello to everyone, [biggrin]
    recently this forum responded to a question regarding the best mortgage broker in Sydney. The replies contained a lot of useful information. I am hoping to find a similar response to my question.

What I want in a broker — someone who will help me achieve my property goals; someone who is able to advise on the best loan for my circumstances rather than direct my business toward a financial institution offering the best commision level. I want someone who is proactive; experienced in relationship management (in the true sense of the word — not the bank’s interpretation which leaves a lot to be desired).[thumbsdownanim

I want a mortgage provider who keeps me up to date with developments in the mortgage field, even though at the time I may not be seeking finance. I am after professional advice, contact, support. So the question is: can anyone out there provide me with some genuine referrals in the Melbourne area. [thumbsup2]

I am sure there any a number of list members interested in your advice. If however you prefer to email me direct please do so.

I am trying to put together an investment programme for the next 10 years. Knowing I have the right finance people behind me is an essential part of the equation.

Thanks. [8]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I would recommend Stuart at Pro Solution Pty Ltd. http://www.prosolution.com.au/

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi elika,

I agree with Terryw…

We have used Prosolution for quite a while now and I couldn’t recommend anyone higher…
    We are part of the MAP program, and they have contributed to us achieving our goals.

They were recently awarded:

National finalist: Mortgage Broker of the Year…

The other finalists were Commonwealth Bank, and Wizard Home Loans.

Not bad going if you ask me.

Congratulations Stuart & Josie,[king]

Del & Will

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

Hi elika,

all you want is common business practice for any decent broker (and most are).

Ask your friends and workmates, they will readily share with you their experiences, the truest test is ‘if’ the brokers name can be remembered…..

Personal referals mean so much more than plaques on the reception wall.

cheers

brahms

If you don’t ask, the answer is no!!

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Well here is a personal referral. Stuart and Josie are great. I have done some good deals with their help and they are great people to boot. I haven’t been to the site for a while but some may remember my credibility.

Enjoy
    AD [:o)]
    (Andrew)

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi AD,

Long time no hear… I still remember you, but that just shows how old I am!! [stitch]

Keep up the posts, we all miss hearing from you!

Kind regards,

Del

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

A referral like ADs would go a long way with me if I was after someone in Melbourne to help me out.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Thanks Wilandel and Simon. Nice to be recognised after so long. Good to see you guys still here helping people out.

Enjoy
    AD [:o)]
    (Andrew)

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

[:I] [:I] [:I] [:I] Please… (thanks for the compliments)… and welcome back AD.

Cheers

Stu

Profile photo of Mortgage ReturnsMortgage Returns
    @mortgage-returns

I am new to this site, but would have to agree with MortgageHunter. Any mortgage broker giving you financial advice should either be a financial advisor or an accountant and definitely be licensed.

Also those borkers that claim they are ‘the best’ be wary of them, unless they can back it up, which is quite hard to do. I am in melbourne but will refer you to a financial advior who I work in conjunction with for advice for an investment of ten years if I think the advice is more then general. He then recommends the type of loan best for you and I find it. I also have a full fee disclosure statement even though it is not required, I do think client have a right to know what we earn.

I have worked in the U.S as a Mortgage Broker and have seen my fair share of scrupulous money hungry / no relationship brokers who are in it for a quick buck.

Mortgage Returns
    [email protected]
    http://www.mortgagereturns.com.au

Profile photo of SebastianSebastian
    @sebastian

Well, I’m gonna jump on the band wagon also!
    Prosolution, is exactly that pro!
    I’ve spoken to a few mortgage brokers and no one has come close to Stuart in terms of service, professionalism, and knowledge.

Keep up the great work Stuart and Josie, and congratulations on the national finalist award!

Sebastian

Profile photo of Mortgage ReturnsMortgage Returns
    @mortgage-returns

Dear Sebastian and The Advisor,

The mortgage broker should have a good idea as to what the client wants but I was talking about getting financial investment ADVICE for a a ten year plan, not on a loan. If there are brokers out there giving this advice they better hope that they have their DFP or CPA.

Any broker can find a loan that will fit the clients requirements e.g. line of credit etc.

In the future you will see many good brokers getting caught out trying to give investment advice in which they are not qualified for.

i guess that i am a stickler for the rules and hope that those brokers out there claiming to give financial advice and not being licensed to do so get caught.

Mortgage returns

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I agree. We need to be careful what advice we give – hence the disclaimers I use.

This is even extending to advising people on how to use a LOC or offset account – those mortgage minimiser folks will need to take a good look at what they do.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

And just for the record (to back up the people that referred me), I am a Chartered Accountant and ProSolution holds a Australian Financial Services License (from ASIC) and we are licensed to provide general product advice (refer to our website).

(I am not stating this to advertise. I just want to back myself up.)

That said, I do not provide any specific financial planning advice.

Cheers

Stu

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

dear Elika7264,
    It’s a crappy answer because I realise you’re asking for more than perhaps some brokers are legally(and/or ethically) allowed to do. I suggest you look at all the pieces (team players) you require to reach your personal goal/s. The answer to this may mean you might require a broker, an accountant, financial advisor, solicitor, research strategies, etc. Unfortunately, it’s a trial and error dilemna. As for brokers I was stuck in a crappy high interest rate and after attending Steve’s conference it made me wake up and get off my arse a bit. I screened about 4 or 5 brokers and the one I chose gave me the least advice, opinions, ‘THE’ lowest mortgage rate, didn’t ‘berate me’ for being a fool for having such a high interest rate, etc. The point I’m making is that this broker, who I chose had the one most important quality that is essential in anyone who is professoinal that I required and was ignorant to as well. He ‘ACTIVELY’ listened (for about 5 hours) before he started making any suggestions, etc. In the end I got the cheapest rate. I also got a product that matched my current and long term goals and a million and one other aspects about me into the melting pot. To me he is a true mortgage ‘alchemist’! Other brokers before who I met were good and offered the lowest rate as well and commission kick backs to boot. These are great, but if your long term strategy (and that will change and evolve over time) isn’t taken into account prime and foremost then all else is but air and dust. If you want to pm me for my broker feel free. I feel if I post it it may be misconstrued as spruiking. He’s also a very humble chap and also someone I now also consider a great mate!, (he even laughs at my crappy satire!).
    Good luck and kind regards,
    Gatsby!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.