All Topics / General Property / cash flow 101

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Profile photo of jamesRjamesR
    @jamesr

Robert Kiyosaki Cash Flow 101 Board Game, it sounds like fun but is it worth paying a few hundred dollars for??

thanks

james

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Most definately, After you’ve got it and played it, you’ll be amazed at the knowledge you pick up for only a few hundred bucks!

Profile photo of The EccentricThe Eccentric
    @the-eccentric

Read his books. Much cheaper.

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4
    Robert Kiyosaki Cash Flow 101 Board Game, it sounds like fun but is it worth paying a few hundred dollars for??

go to ebay! You’ll pick up bargains there. You know how much it cost new then set your high and wait. WIn some lose some.
    Try it, you might like it. I bought all but three of my books form there!
    Cheers

Cheers

C@34

Profile photo of gdumesnygdumesny
    Participant
    @gdumesny

We brought the cheaper Cashflow for Kids first – really good for kids. Even the adults enjoy it. We then went onto Cashflow 101 and enjoy it as well. We all learn different things all the time. I didn’t worry about the cost – the game is teaching my kids stuff at 10 – 12 which I am learning in my late 30’s/early 40’s. My kids have time on their side so (all well) they can retire in their 30’s not in their 50’s. If I can use this as a tool to teach my kids about finance then the cost is little cf the time it takes to learn about all this stuff. i.e. it is not taught in schools.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi JamesR,

If you have the opportunity, purchase the Ultimate Pack from Rich Dad Poor Dad, its a claimable expense on your tax return.

do have all 3, but will admit it does get pretty boring, once you play the game in real life, ive heard the e-game version is much more enjoyable, as you play against people across the globe, and is much quicker.. than to constantly keep changing your balance sheet.

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of SilverSilver
    @silver

Hey sis,

I have never heard of the online version, could you give me some more details?

Ian

Profile photo of MyydralMyydral
    @myydral

Silver try this – http://secure.richdad.com/product.asp?id=E101
    Should provide some info.

Cheers

“Looking forward to the day when I can tell the boss where to go”

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Guys,

though i will admit, cashflow 202 is more of a challenge, but better to be played with 3 people, playing cashflow 101, after a while does get a little boring…

though like noted, to play cashflow 202, you need to purchase cashflow 101. (game components are used from the first version).

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of krazystylerkrazystyler
    @krazystyler

One option is instead of spending hundreds on roberts games, spend the same amount on a million dollar life insurance plan so when you die your kids automatically get rich. YAY!

Or ask something like this, does someone in Melbourne already have it, we should get together sometime in a group and play!! E mail me!
    Kevin

Profile photo of krazystylerkrazystyler
    @krazystyler

One option is instead of spending hundreds on roberts games, spend the same amount on a million dollar life insurance plan so when you die your kids automatically get rich. YAY!

Or ask something like this, does someone in Melbourne already have it, we should get together sometime in a group and play!! E mail me!
    Kevin

Profile photo of Apples81Apples81
    Participant
    @apples81

James,

I am nearing completion on a course work masters in applied finance.

PELS Debt: Approx. $14000.

I recently bought Cashflow 101 and RK’s first 4 books.

Price: Approx. $400.

While reading these books and playing the game won’t get you much credibility in corporate finance, for all practical purposes I have learned more from RK’s products.

The small outlay for your education will save you exponential dollars in the long term.

Apples.

Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin

Hi all,

I have the cashflow 101 game on CD. It is great fun because if you can’t get someone to play with you on the board game, you can always play against multiple computer players with the cd game.[biggrin]

Mind you, the instructions say it is virtually impossible to go bankrupt, but I seem to be able to be able to make it a regular occurrance.[confused2]

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

Profile photo of banderosbanderos
    Participant
    @banderos

Some may find this a little strange, but since reading Rich Dad and not being ready to fork out for Cashflow I have started playing Monopoly again.
    To my surprise I had a much deeper understanding of how to win from reading the book and in the first game was able to utterly destroy my opponents [baaa].
    Seriously though, it shows how simple the principles of making money really are – acquire assets that give you income and look after your cashflow.

Ben [buz2]

Profile photo of stormdancerstormdancer
    @stormdancer

yay, monopoly, i loved monpoly, although i never actually got to finish a game… someone always has an argument and the board ends up upside down.[blink] but yes, i just finished reading rich dad poor dad (very enlightening) but i cant see myself spending that much on a board game (all my books are borrowed out from the local library) [happy3]
    ~storm

oro?

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by Brenda Irwin:

Mind you, the instructions say it is virtually impossible to go bankrupt, but I seem to be able to be able to make it a regular occurrance.[confused2]

And when you stop your propensity to ‘go bankrupt’ you may be able to buy an investment property – or two[biggrin]

Congrats on the API articles and your achievements to date.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of secretgnomesecretgnome
    @secretgnome

Buy the pack of Cashflow101 + Cashflow for kids for $340 i think it was, then sell cashflow for kids for $100. That’s what I did

Profile photo of jamesRjamesR
    @jamesr

Thanks guys. Looks like I’ll have to get the game just to try it out, secondhand if I can.

james

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear
    Originally posted by Brenda Irwin:

Hey Brenda – me too[biggrin]

I usually remember to borrow however much I need to pay the bank on payday[whistle], but sometimes I forget and just hit Enter, not realising that I’m probably going to pass payday. Then they hit me with it, and I’m in trouble…[biggrin] Then if you do get out of it, they make you sit out three turns anyway[thumbsdownanim

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Property9Property9
    @property9

Hi there,

I think it is worth paying. It teaches you about financial statements as this is a very important skill to building your wealth. You first have to understand where your financial position is before you can move forward. You may want to check on e-bay you may pick it up much cheaper.

Cheers
    Mark

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.