All Topics / Site Problems / Feedback / ‘Subscribe to this forum’

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hiya…

Well it’s was my first post in a century [blush2] and I wanted to ‘subscribe to this forum’ so I could keep track of my post ( a long epic in true Sooshie style [;)] ). When I clicked on this selection, I lost my entire post, as a pop up window saying I’d successfully subscribed to the post… UM… I know I’m not that computer literate, but could you tell me where my post went? Or is there some black hole it slipped into?
    Can anybody find my post???

Dumbstruck Sooshie [eh]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Sooshie,

Sorry, I can’t help with the technical problem.
    I am probably more computer illiterate than you
    (you see, I wasn’t even sure how to spell illiterate)…[glum2]

I just wanted to say how nice it is to see your smiling face here again….[biggrin]

Lets try and get the old comoradorie going on this forum again??
    (how do you spell comoradorie).

Have a great day,

Del [tongue]

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi Del,

Big Hugs to you [inlove]. Yes, it would be nice if all of us came back. I think you spell it ‘camaraderie’ or something like that (where’s that Spell Check?)

Chat soon
    Sooshie [smiling]

Profile photo of brentbrent
    Participant
    @brent

Hey Soosh,

Great to see you on the forums again! [biggrin]

Let me run through what I think happened.

I believe you were just about finished typing your post, and you clicked “Subscribe to this topic”.

Unfortunately, what you typed had to be posted (saved by clicking the “Post Topic” or “Post New Reply” button) before you subscribed to the topic.

Or, I believe the “Subscribe to this topic” button needed to be pressed before you began. But I’m still playing with the forums myself.

I hope this helps

Brent

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hellooooo,

Thank you OH Master GURU of ‘puters! All hail Brent [;)]
    I shall try your suggestions when next an epic strikes me [:)]

Regards, hugs and all mushy stuff
    Sooshie [:)]

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi Sooshie,
    I don’t think I’ve had the same problem you experienced but I hate it when I’ve finally finished a long winded ‘manifesto’ reply and my hand has touched some key just as I’m about to finish and ‘BOOM’ I’ve somehow deleted the whole lot and have had to start all over again, or more often than not think ‘bugger’ and given up!
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!

Profile photo of brentbrent
    Participant
    @brent
    Originally posted by Gatsby:

Hi Sooshie,
    I don’t think I’ve had the same problem you experienced but I hate it when I’ve finally finished a long winded ‘manifesto’ reply and my hand has touched some key just as I’m about to finish and ‘BOOM’ I’ve somehow deleted the whole lot and have had to start all over again, or more often than not think ‘bugger’ and given up!
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!

Eek – we’ve all done that at least once before. I reckon the worst part is trying to remember everything you said the first time.

Microsoft Word or Notepad can be a handy tool if you’re doing long posts – you can type your post into there, and save it midway through (just in case).

Murphy’s law says you’ll always be just about to save your work when your computer crashes though [hmmm]

Brent

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.