All Topics / Help Needed! / Cost of subdividing in Perth?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of waynel2waynel2
    @waynel2

Hi All,

Does anyone know the approx costs of the following?

My plan is to buy an old property, demolish it – subdivide the block and build two new duplexes.

In my calculations I’m trying to work out the following costs:

– Cost of Demolishing (already posted this and have got figures from $0 – $7k)

– Cost of surveying and sub dividing a flat block (Approx 730 sqm)?

– Costs related to setting up the strata titles and getting council approval?

The property is located in the city of stirling -if this helps:)

Thanks for your advice guys!

Wayne

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I would strongly recommend you call the duty planner at the relevant council. In my experience they are very helpful and will happily outline all the council costs.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of BirdyBirdy
    Participant
    @birdy

Site Survey will cost you about $250 and several companies in Perth can do it for that price, usually within a couple of days. Demolition is dependant on the house and should be quoted individually.

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Hi Wayne,
    Have just completed two such subdivions in Melville COuncil.Had all the same questions you have…simple answer was contact a surveyor. he detailed all the costs and arranged for demolition and all approvals with water corp, western power, alinta, and shire council. First one cost $18000 and next one was $23000.
    this was for green title subdivision. Curious thing was that equity on the property increased by approx $100k (probably more on the second one)by the subdivision process. ie well worth the cost of using an expert to take all the headaches out of the process. Another curious thing, the equity position further increased once I built on the vacant blocks ( approx another $100k )
    Any good surveyor should provide this service, however I am happy to recommend the one I used if you are interested. Pls email if you have any other queries.
    Cheers, kp..

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi Wayne
    You may also want to consider timeframe, beginning to completion of project, my IP also in City of Stirling (duplex block).

I was advised by builders that it would take upto 12 months to build two dwellings. These were larger building co.
    About $120,000 each house, this was a package and included all associated costs. This was quite basic 3×2 dwellings.

Cheers

If you want any further details PM me.

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Hi Marisa,
    Going through that very same problem now,…signed building contracts in Aug last year, and pads went down last Feb. and brick were delivered 2 weeks ago. Building is very SLOW at the moment, and the builder says that there will be an 18 delay if you sign up today…enough to send you broke…in holding cost if you are not careful.
    But at the end of the day…a property zoned duplex is always better to have…
    Regards…KP

Profile photo of ez-rentez-rent
    @ez-rent

I also did a subdivision have done this a couple of years ago and posted it to a newsgroup which eventually got into its FAQ.. I think its still relevent except the costs are now probably 10% higher across the board..

http://www.travismorien.com/FAQ/realestate/paulpropertytips.htm

and the specific subdivision bit..

http://www.travismorien.com/FAQ/realestate/paulpropertyrant2.htm

EZ-Rent. The free tax and cashflow simulator for Australian property investors. Version 2 out now!
    http://www.ez-rent.com

Profile photo of bjbj
    Participant
    @briandockers

Hi, can you provide your surveyors details.? Thanks

Profile photo of AndyAndy
    Participant
    @andy1978

Hi Kp, Can you please provide me the details of the company/business you used for your subdivision?

Thanks.

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Hi Kp, Can you please provide me the details of the company/business you used for your subdivision?
    Thanks.

I’d be very surprised if kp who posted that post in 2004 will reply. ;)

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of AndyAndy
    Participant
    @andy1978

Thanks Corey, does anyone know of any businesses/companies in Perth that undertake subdivisions that you would recommend?

Profile photo of David HallDavid Hall
    Participant
    @wiggles2

I use the Land Division in Malaga. Not the lowest cost, but they have the best design team and great service. They got conditional approval for me in 6 weeks lodging on Christmas eve when usual turn around is 3 months plus public holidays. It was also with one of the more’challenging’ councils and we were applying a concession.

Ask for Gavin

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Profile photo of David Hall David Hall.

David Hall | The Buyers Agency
    Email Me | Phone Me

Buyers Agent

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.