All Topics / Finance / ANZ and CBA brokers … would you use them?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of DeClairDeClair
    @declair

ANZ have recently started offering franchises under the banner ‘ANZ Mortgage Solutions’. I believe CBA have annouced something similar…

Anyone know if this is similar to how AUSSIE went from Ausie Home Loans to Aussie Mortgage Market, whilst still offering thei own mortgage products?

Would anyone here choose them over a non-lender alligned broker? I don’t think I would…I just don’t understand how they can compete, am I missing something here?

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

As long as I get full disclosure and am in a winning situation – I’ll go for it.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of DeClairDeClair
    @declair

Just sounds like the banks selling off their mobile lenders, reducing costs, maximising profits. I can’t imagine them being accepted as much as unalligned brokers once people confirm that they are heavily biased to sell their companies product, first. Time will tell.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

From what I have read these ANZ guys wont be brokers. They will be ANZ mortgage writers and will deal exclusively with ANZ products. They will represent ANZ and be seen as ANZ employees to the public.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/03/31/1080544553883.html

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of DeClairDeClair
    @declair

I see, though isn’t this similar to Aussies mobile lenders? I’m sure, bored person, that the banks may be concerned about brand dilution, however, I think this the opposite extreme, too much branding for my comfort… bias, if any, is not as obvious, or pronounced for most other brokers. They rely on the goodwill and word of mouth from satisfied clients to build their own brand recognition … the way it should be.

I can understand why the number of people using brokers will double in the next few years to establish 60-70% of the mortgage industry, like its already done in the US and UK.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter
    Quote:
    Originally posted by DeClair:

I see, though isn’t this similar to Aussies mobile lenders?

I think the ANZ franchisees will be mobile lenders selling only ANZ products.

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

hi,

from what i’ve heard around the traps, the shop front for anz and colonial won’t be cross selling accounts, or other bank products – purely mortgages – as they have identified what we brokers already know.

also, i have heard they are targeting brokers rather than ‘branch’ people to operate these – good luck – i’d think it wouldn’t really appeal to the good brokers out there.

cheers

brahms

If you don’t ask, the answer is no!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.