All Topics / General Property / o.k. Guys… Admit It..

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Kay Henry,

I can explain more when I get there, the situation i have is that, if using a commercial boat. That’s when all the big dollars come into it.

But if you use a boat that’s trail able, so therefore you can take the boat out of the water when not travelling or past the extended time that your aloud on the river 30 days or something. And or take the boat out of the water and more it on land so to speak, so I can have it moved onto land a fairly minimal cost maybe $100 depends who I get to do it, who I know up there.

But that’s just it, it’s an exploration and I’m about to do, right now, here, I’m sending this from in the Houseboat on drums on land 600 kilometres away from the Murray river destination.

I’m waiting or truck to come and pick me up and take me to the river!

Because the boat is a comfortable unit not to dis-simular to a flat or unit. It will be easily movable for those sorts of purposes. And then not having to pay for any commercial policies.

The registration I believe was very cheap I can’t quiet remember what the amount was now, I remember hearing it and it was very small minimal amount I think around $60 a year. I have the documentation somewhere, but these things are in process at the moment!

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Thanks Jaffa, and I didn’t mean to pry :) So you have to have it on land sometimes? So I guess people on houseboats would either have to have their own land; “rent” to stay on someone else’s land; or receive permission from a friend to stay on their land.

It sounds like an exciting journey Jaffa- qwill you be working as a fisher dude on the boat? Or is it a lifestyle thing?

Jaffa, as a matter of interest, I remember you saying on the Forum that you found it difficult to get an IP loan, and you were going to test out Edenlea to see if you could possibly get a loan. How did you go with it? Were you successful? I am asking you this as a followup.

kay henry

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Hold your horses, there’s a few mortgage brokers getting asked about the loan I want…

The loan application is just a matter that will be inevitable. Depending who picks up on this!

But the bottom line with me is who will be there in the beginning. This is a very strong consideration and deciding factors to who I will be with in the future.

I know I’m expressing this now, but that’s the way it will be.

I liken it to a dog(this is in greyhound terms[biggrin]) the runt of the litter (this is the Country knowledge coming out in me!), you take someone and give him a Go (the same as helping a pup, ‘the runt of the litter’), and i garrantee you the future for the person who does that, will be good, for all those involved. To make money in property investments!

I can tell you this, and that I had nice conversation to Leonie, a nice person.

I don’t want to get to far off track with Still_In_Schools thread [biggrin].

Possable dad will be buying a bit of land up around The Murray, I have inpired him to want to buy his own HouseBoat. Since he knows i will be up there, i think he will probably do that. So will have somewhere to put it and others i think I might make if things go right!! But have a block to put the boat on with the local so far.

Online Positive Cashflow Financial Analysis Calculator.

Profile photo of Adam.EAdam.E
    Participant
    @adam.e

I have been a tennant for about 5 years now. I just settled on my first IP and plan on having at least another 4 before I even consider moving into my own place….[strum]

Adam..

Profile photo of pumpkinpumpkin
    @pumpkin

Hi,
    Yes I was a tenant, then bought a house, then due to work was a tenant again and a landlord, then bought another house to end being a tenant as an investment and also to stop having to be one, hated dealing with property managers. So have to agree with Investorgirl, that being a tenant makes me an understanding landlord as I know how frustrating things can be. So I try to look after them the best I can. And this seems to have worked, as they are the only tenants we had in the property for the 18 months, and now that we wish to sell, they are purchasing the property.

Lara Hansen

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

Howdy
    In my humble life thus far I have been a tenant, a landlord and have lived in my own homes as well.
    The only thing that seperates the three is emotion….
    It costs more to live in your own home if you have a huge mortgage choking you.. which makes the daffodils you plant with pride suddenly wilt.!!

I enjoy renting just now… like others have said its pure economics – get to have a nice place 3 mins from work, great lifestyle at 1/3 the cost per week of owning the place. I rent out part of the place but my border isnt in my face and its good to have someone to mow the lawns…kind of a cheap built in hire a hubby …hell wouldnt trade that for the real thing [baaa]

Regards

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.