All Topics / Help Needed! / Impartial Moderators…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Profile photo of The EccentricThe Eccentric
    @the-eccentric

In case most of you don’t know, our newest moderator – Monopoly, has been deleting many of my messages. None of these have deserved editing and many of these were not directed at her. It is clearly an abuse of power and payback on her part resulting from our arguments over the last few weeks. To most of you who were annoyed by those arguments, I apologise. To those of you who whinged and whined to management, get a life. This is the net! Different people = different personalities and we all can’t like each other.

It is also nice to see Steve make someone a moderator who swears (although edited) in a public forum amongst other things (stalking in PM and abusing people when clearly not welcomed) and warns off someone else for some lame reason that they were marketing too much (which was not true) and allows this newly appointed moderator to do as she wishes. He has definately provided this ‘impartial’ moderator with an unfair advantage.

Anyway, my point is that I believe impartiality and freedom of speech does not exist on this site and I would like to hear everyone’s comments regarding this as well as get everyone’s help to bring back free speech and impartial moderation!!!

Not to be rude but could everyone please refrain from sending me PM’s or emails.

Profile photo of bensonbenson
    Participant
    @benson

Whats the story with these PM’s and emails you keep mentioning ?

Profile photo of MyydralMyydral
    @myydral

From what I have read of SOME OF your posts, I am inclined to agree with the moderators. After reading SOME posts, I have thought “damn, what is your problem.”

I do agree that the moderators need to be impartial. As you have said you have received PMs so we are not aware of those ( thankfully ), so we do NOT know the full story.

Anyway those are MY comments only :)

“Looking forward to the day when I can tell the boss where to go”

Profile photo of The EccentricThe Eccentric
    @the-eccentric

Myydral,

Thanks for acknowledging that. I admit some of my posts have been harsh. However, I do not swear and I do not instigate anything. I type and someone who doesn’t like what I say responds in a nasty way so I respond. They escalate from there.

I just want to help people where I can and learn a lot more about the industry I invest a lot of time and money in.

Benson, they are private messages which I do not want to receive from anyone other than two or three people and the emails are posters on this forum who want my help but I do not want to give it off the forum as I have been accused of marketing myself. I have also stopped sending out a free calculator due to being warned off by the big man himself because someone told him I was marketing myself on here.

Not to be rude but could everyone please refrain from sending me PM’s or emails.

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Enough already Rob/iamborediambored, why must you be so vicious???

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

iambored,

The way I work it out is… if I have a genuine *dislike* of someone, and let’s face it- we’re all human, I generally don’t read their post, or engage with whatever it is they have to say- certainly won’t get into an argument with them- it’s not fair if I do- I’m a moderator and can just delete them. And that’s a bit of a crappy way to engage. Argue with someone and then delete them? Not my style.

Thee’s a number of Moderators on here, who can deal with the people who I dislike- they can delete their posts- I’m not gonna. And I expect that if I carry on like a maniac, that I’ll get my posts deleted too- go figure- moderators get moderated too.

iambored, if I think someone just writes provocative posts on here to start arguments, and can’t control themselves to not make personal insults, I don’t even read their posts. There are enough NICE people on here to be able to ignore the ones who are either personally attacking or are constantly spruiking for business.

Anyway, that’s my perspective. All moderators are different, and none of us are probably hugely impartial- we all have different ideas on property, for example, so it’s not like we are all Stepford Wives (or stepford Husbands!) Dunno, it’s just whatever threshhold people can tolerate- sounds like yours is a little low right now :)

kay henry

@the-eccentric

Kay,

Thank you.

FINALLY a voice of reason. Anyway, I am going to take in your comments and try to not argue when someone makes smart comments or remarks directed at me.

Thanks.

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Rob,
    You never replied to my questions. Are we gonna put our mouths where our beer guts are. I’ve already sent my pic in. Don’t reneg on me now? And for god’s sake please don’t refinance for me either! Keep the commission and I’ll match it!!
    Regards,
    Gatsby.
    PS. So what’s the deal? Are you up for a little wager or not?

@the-eccentric

I am up for anything Gatsby. What did you have in mind?

Regarding the picture, are we having a modelling contest or something? I will concede right now. I am not good looking. Also, my gut did not come about by drinking beer. I don’t drink.

@gatsby

No pm or email necessary here baby! You could have come to the IP meeting tonight that some of us had. In person is never the same? Do you realize that the amount of time you have spent on a little adolescent vendetta could have made you millions in time spent doing what you claim to do best – Mortgage Advice?? Think how many people you could have helped financially by now instead of humiliating yourself full of ‘the world owes me’? What’s the story?
    Help me with my mortgage!
    Regards,
    Gatsby!

@gatsby

One more thing Mr Acronym,
    I do night shift and so tonight I’m up as I’m not working. I’ve noticed an interesting trend, you only post insults at night??? Why?? You know full well that defamatory remarks slip through this time of night and will be deleted the next morning? Do you do this so you have an excuse to say ‘Why was my mesage deleted??
    Gatsby?

@the-eccentric

Gatsby,

I don’t go where I am not invited. I hope the meeting went well. I do realise I have wasted time. I also have some spare time at the moment while setting up a new shop, website and doing some study. The spare time I speak of is called procrastinating in between renovations, designing the website and reading boring course materials and doing assignments. I have knocked back a lot of loans in the last month or so.

Regarding your mortgage, I think Simon or Liz would be better suited to help you.

@gatsby

What a bummer dude. At least I enjoyed getting my gut. Pity you got yours for free! I’ll stop drinking beer. What’s your excuse?
    Gatsby.

@kay-henry

Gatsby!!!! Who had a meeting? [angry2] Didn’t you want me to come? Don’t you love me? [cigar] Do I have to moderate you?? hehe. Awww- how was the meeting?

ky henry

@the-eccentric

Gatsby,

Can you provide some examples of these insults you say I posted. Do you realise you are insulting me?

Regarding late night posts, this is when I use the computer the most. I hope you don’t mind mate.

@gatsby

Darling it was bigger than Ben Hur! Sorry, I thought you may have seen the post for it. Then again, I guess it’s hard to get a flight at last minutes notice!
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!

@kay-henry

Oops Gastsby! what made me think you were in sydney? Well, I did anyway :o) Hope you enjoyed the meeting in melby, Gats. [biggrin]

kay henry

@gatsby

Kay,
    my mistake, I thought you were in Sydney! I’m in Melbourne! Come to the next meeting?
    Regards,
    Gatsby!

@kay-henry

I AM in sydney, Gatsby!! Do I have to lock this thread due to our confusion? [strum] hehe.

kay henry

@gatsby

No, just jack up those frequent flyer points and as ‘Larry Emder’ say’s ‘Come on Down’. Forget it, I’ll fly the ‘route less flown’ and we can start our own little PI meeting.
    That’ll show who’s serious about due dilligence!
    Regards,
    Gatsby!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.