All Topics / General Property / Five Year Plan

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Profile photo of secretgnomesecretgnome
    @secretgnome

Next 2 years – Work & learn the real estate industry & selling
    The 4 years after that – buy & add value to property to retire at the end of this period
    The 5 years after that – Invest big time to create my real retirement income (100’s thousands/yr)
    After that – See the world & do motivational speaking

Oh yeah, and i’m 19 so that means i’ll be there by 30

Profile photo of bruhambruham
    Participant
    @bruham

My five year plan is not to have a plan at all!
    How boring.My life is in flat-out mode.’All because I don’t have any plan,or plans.
    I’m running six taxis, working for the Gov’t. trading in shares and one investment property(dual occ.).I sold three investment properties early in the year.
    Working seven days a week, fourteen to sixteen hours a day.
    This is the first time I’ve been on this website in ages.Day off – Queens birthday.
    I’m involved in listed property trusts/unlisted property trusts.shares, taxis – three mine, three leased.I employ two people full time(not including taxi drivers).I’m the part time taxi worker.Working ten am to two pm, then six- thirty
    pm until when ever I’m needed.No breakdowns or accidents I can go home.
    I can not believe that YOU people want to retire.
    Retire to WHAT! Sitting around waiting to DIE!!!
    Get a BRAIN!! Most important ,GET a LIFE!!!!
    [baaa][baaa][baaa]
    bbruham

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

bbruham… it depends on what “a life” it is that you are suggesting people should get… seems to me, that you are workiing so hard, that you think “a life” is all about work. I think a life is a combination of work and leisure. Some people believe it is all about leisure. Not quite sure why you think that working a 14-16 hour day is having “a life”. But if you are happy, then of course I’m happy for you [blink]

kay henry

Participant
    @bruham

Kay Henry,
    Most mornings I see retirees walking this way in the morning(clock wise).In the afternoon they walk in the opposite direction.I couldn’t help myself this day,I called out “if you want,I’ll show you the escape route” off the plateau.
    They called back that the plateau is the greatest place on earth, “why would you want to escape for”
    They are happy in their little world. To me this would be like living death.
    On our last holiday(with the wife),we travelled
    from Sydney up the coast to Noosa. Stayed in the best accomadation,spent money like water.Quite
    enjoyable, but after two weeks it became very boring.
    Searching out property was the only thing that kept me sane.(I think).
    The “holiday lasted four long weeks”.
    Kay, you’re thirty-seven years old, when you retire,can you imagine yourself sitting with all those little old women knitting away and drinking cups of tea.Talking about the good old days.
    I’ll be dead and loving it.
    [satan][satan][satan]

bbruham.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Well, bbruham, it depends on how pretty those little old ladies are, but yes, I can imagine it might meet some of my needs to spend time with some pretty knitting old ladies ;)

bbruham, I guess as a person who likes to relax, I really don’t understand the 16-hour days, 7 days a week thing… but as people on here might know, I am also one who wishes to maintain employment in my life- full-time employment, because the work I do is meaningful to me, and I do enjoy it. But I like weekends and having a home life. Don’t you like spending time at home, bbruham? It sounds like you would only have time to go home and sleep.

kayhenry

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly
    Originally posted by bbruham:

I can not believe that YOU people want to retire.
    Retire to WHAT! Sitting around waiting to DIE!!!
    Get a BRAIN!! Most important ,GET a LIFE!!!!
    [baaa][baaa][baaa]

Whoa boy!!! [cowboy][whip]
    That’s a pretty “deep” and rather abrasive statement you’re dishing out there!!!
    Retiring or planning to retire isn’t an issue of “grave” (tongue-in-cheek) concern to most people. Indeed, there is no crime in looking forward to sitting back enjoying one’s “golden years”….but I guess for YOU it is a rather daunting thought…..why Bbruham????? What are you running from that makes you so fearful of “stopping”???? Don’t like what you see when you do stop long enough to notice what is around you???? Hmmmmmmmm…..??????[blink][glum2]

Jo

@monopoly

No I agree, one doesn’t have to retire and just sit back, and do nothing. Certainly keeping busy is the way to stay fit and healthy; but to assume that because one wants to retire or is making plans to do so, doesn’t mean they are going to just sit and wait for death to come and collect them either!!!! [glum2]

Jo

Profile photo of fostonfoston
    @foston
    Originally posted by Monopoly:

No I agree, one doesn’t have to retire and just sit back, and do nothing. Certainly keeping busy is the way to stay fit and healthy; but to assume that because one wants to retire or is making plans to do so, doesn’t mean they are going to just sit and wait for death to come and collect them either!!!! [glum2]

Jo

I totally agree with Jo.

Retirement means different thing to different people, to me it means retiring from the employment ratrace. I will still have to keep busy, but doing what i want to do and when i want to do it, not what my employer wants me to do. No way am i going to sit around and veg out waiting to die.

Foston

Life is a series of new beginnings

Participant
    @bruham

It’s been forty-eight working days since my last day off. Yes I do count them.My record of straight working days is 123.My accrued sick days total fifty-one weeks.
    The Mortgage Adviser is right, it’s nice to be able stop when(if) you feel like it.
    On my last day off, I was “lucky” to find some poor cow(middle aged woman)broken down.So I got her going.This took a little time. Kept me amussed for awhile.
    Monopoly, some times I go into nursing homes. You see these poor blighters lying in their cots(too old to have a bed,can’t be trusted to stay in bed.Can’t get out of their cot.Guess where they do their toiletries?
    They live for four things,breakfast,lunch and dinner.And of course television, That’s it.
    The day you stop is the day you’re dead, or so close it doesn’t matter. That’s why I said dead and loving it.A far better choice than the nursing home.
    “Golden years” that’s a term dreamed up by some,
    so the oldies don’t feel so bad about being old.
    Like “diamonds are a girls best friend”.From the diamond companies. And
    “Got to be in it to win it”.From the lottery people.
    Kay, my best friend is my bed. I love it.
    DON”T STOP!!!!!
    Keep going…. for ever.
    [specool]

bbruham.

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Bruham

Isnt driving taxis like being those old ladies waiting for life to pass them by.

Ah well each to their own. Night shift starts about now. See ya.

Profile photo of fostonfoston
    @foston

Hey bbruham,
    You’re gonna be dead and loving it at an early age i reckon.[ohno2]Slow down man and smell the roses, you’re working yourself into an early grave.[wreck]

Foston

Life is a series of new beginnings

@monopoly
    Originally posted by bbruham:

Monopoly, some times I go into nursing homes. You see these poor blighters lying in their cots(too old to have a bed,can’t be trusted to stay in bed.Can’t get out of their cot.Guess where they do their toiletries?
    They live for four things,breakfast,lunch and dinner.And of course television, That’s it.
    The day you stop is the day you’re dead, or so close it doesn’t matter. That’s why I said dead and loving it.A far better choice than the nursing home.
    “Golden years” that’s a term dreamed up by some,
    so the oldies don’t feel so bad about being old.

I hear what you’re saying Bbruham, but it’s not as black and white as all that; yes it’s tragic to see those cases in the nursing homes, but that is not all the old folk in the world; there are the ones who ARE actually LIVING OUT their “golden years” with families and friends around them (I have known many such oldies). Will this be you, or me???? Who is to say, no-one knows….all we can say for certain, is that if we keep busy, love, learn, work, rest, play, dream, hope etc etc etc, it can only serve to make our lives (perhaps not complete) but at the very least, worthwhile. ENJOY your life; Bbruham, you said in your other post “remmeber to reward yourself” well that’s true, but not just with office chairs, furniture or trinkets, but with “quality” time for you, and those that matter to most to you (your friends / family)…..be kind to yourself!!![medieval]

All the best, [sunny]

Jo

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Retirement can be one of the best times of your life. When I think of my Grandmother (who died last year at the age of 93) she enjoyed every minute of her retirement. She retired at around 60, traveled and cruised around the world, was a member of a few hobby clubs, had a large cirle of friends, married for the 3rd time (outlived the previous 2 husbands) at 75, lived overseas in wintermonths say 3 months a year, and was energetic, happy, positive and loving.
    At 91 (her 3rd husband had died also) she went into a home and there also made friends, regularly went out with friends from the past, and had a great time doing all kinds of fun things. She also worked voluntary at a school (a special program set up for interaction between generations) a few times a year to teach children the history she had been through.
    Retirement is what you make of it.
    If you think retirement is gonna be boring and just like ‘being death’ then it probably will be. If you think retirement is exciting and happy, then it probably will be, too.

Celivia

Participant
    @bruham

Hi all,
    Celivia, Monopoly, your postings kill me.You’re far too intelligent for me.I feel very humble after reading those two posts.
    Yack,I drive days- three am to three pm, only on Sat.and Sundays. But you’re right, the little old ladies tip you twenty cents and think it’s a big deal! Their ride never costs more than four dollars and fifty cents.
    I treat them like the Queens,open the door,carry their one small parcel,joke with them and try to have fun with them.I even feel human after I’ve dropped them off.
    Foston mate,die in early age.I’m the grandfather of this website,fifty-nine years old.Boo hoo.But my brain is a that of a three year old.
    My wife claims that I’m starting to dribble and going deaf.(Only when she tells me to do something that I don’t want to do).
    BUT!!! I haven’t wet the bed yet.A pleasure to look forward to.

bbruham (I think!!).

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.