All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Depreciation Report – Regional Town?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of skippygirlskippygirl
    @skippygirl

Hello my brainy friends,

I recently settled on an IP in a regional NSW town that, although quite old (about 75 yrs) had been renovated a couple of years ago and had new floors, kitchen, tiling etc.
    I’m doing a little bit more to it, (another concrete floor, carpet, painting) which I know will be part of the capital base, but I am having trouble finding a firm to do a depreciation report.

All 3 big firms I rang have people located in other towns that they would have to send and therefore charge travel for. I’m looking at $1000+.

Does the ATO accept somebody with other quals than a QS or who else could I use to get a report done?

Any ideas appreciated,

Cheers
    skippygirl [cigar]

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

you are better off speaking to depreciator, i had the same problem for albury.
    pm him and he will be able to sort you out at a cheaper price than 1000+
    cheers
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

Thanks Shaun.

Skippygirl may have already called us. There are some regions where we don’t have guys and the jobs there incur a travel fee.

Skippygirl,

The ATO will accept construction estimates from a range of people. QSs are at the top of the list. But estimators are fine as are some builders. (Even architects are there but they’re not great at estimating construction costs – they use QSs.)

Would you be able to track down an experienced builder in the town where your property is?

Give me a call and I’ll talk you through what you’d need them to do – it’s pretty simple. You may have to pay them $200, but with the information they provide and a good accountant you’ll probably be fine.

Scott – 1300 660033

Profile photo of skippygirlskippygirl
    @skippygirl

Thanks Scott, will do.

Skippygirl

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.