All Topics / Heads Up! / Who is the Most Effective Guru?

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by Pisces:

Jack, why not join (or start) a real estate group so as to get the momentum going ?

If you are in Sydney there is actually such a group and, lucky you, there is a meeting tonight.

Pisces

You guys already met and you still don’t know each other…lol…..it must be me who not introduce you guy properly…or maybe you don’t read the minute of meeting that I send to you.

By the way, Peter Spann was the one that start me into property investing through his 4 hours intro seminar.

Kind regards

Jet Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

My Guru is Jan Somers.

No high priced seminars, no wrappacks, no interstate rural properties. Growth v Cashflow balance.

Just good common sense. Her books are a MUST read. Follow here strategies and You cannot go wrong. Read the book on case studies. See how others have succeeded.

I wonder if any of those people are on this forum?

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

yack
    Valued Forum Contributor [692 posts]
    Posted 15/06/2004, 11:32:36

My Guru is Jan Somers.

No high priced seminars, no wrappacks, no interstate rural properties. Growth v Cashflow balance.

Just good common sense. Her books are a MUST read. Follow here strategies and You cannot go wrong. Read the book on case studies. See how others have succeeded.

I wonder if any of those people are on this forum?

YES, I agree! I read Steve’s book after reading Jan Somers and I liked the theory of making money (rent) while buying property as well. For me it’s a get the first house ASAP, then see if I can’t use a combo of Jan and Steve’s strategies. I don think that I am the agressive type and, having read STeves ‘way of making more money rapidly’ is a bit beyond my comfort zone (even if I push myself outside it). Same goes for Anita Bell, to me she’s very aggressive but I doubt that I could follow in her footsteps (just not in me at this stage). THings could change in the future, but for now I’m learning and exploring and using a lot of Steve’s, Jan’s and Anita’s ideas in combination to, hopefully get what I want when I want it, learning from my mistakes (learning by mistakes) and still be true to myself.
    For what they (the authors) have achieved, my hat off to you! Personality is as much a key to this as is the ideas and I have certainly gotten a tonne and a hlf of those from you. God bless you in your future endeavours!

Cheers

C@30

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

I think the mistake most people make with seminars is they go before they really know if it’s the right seminar for them.
    I spent a lot of time trawling around free/$50 introductory nights, and got heaps of brilliant ideas. I also read lots of books and started a forum on the web, and learned heaps there too.
    Some of my favourite “gurus” have been:
    Jan Somers
    Steve McKnight
    Robert Kiyosaki
    Dolf de Roos
    Peter Spann
    John Burley
    just to name a few… and I’ve learnt something from all of them.
    Having said that, I finally spent the dollars on a wrap pack and then a full seminar with Rick Otton, and it’s been the best money I ever spent. why? Because when I did that, I was ready and knew what I wanted to achieve – and so spent the money to learn it as fast as possible.
    I’ve heard similar stories from people who’ve done courses run by all the gurus I’ve learnt from and plenty of others too. In the end it’s not the seminar or guru that matters the most, it’s your receptiveness and desire to take the information and make it happen.

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

My mum [inlove]
    [bawl] Pity she’s been gone 9 years today [bawl]

She was definitely the most “effective” guru I ever met!!!! She taught me EVERYTHING I know about RE, and spent years brainwashing me into believing that the most solid (long term) investments are simple “bricks and mortar”!!!!

Thanks mum, you were soooooo right [thumbsupanim]

Jo

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.