All Topics / Help Needed! / Agent For Sale Signs..

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of NEWGENNEWGEN
    Participant
    @newgen

Hi everybody!
    Just a quick question. I own a unit in a block which I currently live in. One of the units in the block sold a while ago yet the agent has left their For Sale sign with the SOLD sticker on it at the front of the block. It’s been there for 3 weeks or so. This normally wouldn’t bother me but another 2 units have come up for sale which means another 2 signs at the front.. so 3 in total.. NOT GOOD! This wouldn’t help the other owners trying to sell their unit too I wouldn’t think. My question is.. is it possible for me or one of the other residents to remove the sign?? I’d call the agent and get them to do it but I really couldn’t be bothered.. [angry2] Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers [cap]

Profile photo of DreamcatcherDreamcatcher
    Participant
    @dreamcatcher

Newgen,

Who owns the sign? That is the question. Either the agent, or more likely the new owner does!

Perhaps it can be “hidden” behind one of the other signs for the time being, or with winter coming on ……

A call to the agent might not be so bad! [buz2]

Regards,
    DC

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I would call the agent to get them to removce it within 2-3 days – otherwise tell them you will knock it down.

That ususally gets them onto it. They love the advertising and dont care how long its there.

Profile photo of NEWGENNEWGEN
    Participant
    @newgen

Thank you both [biggrin] I’ll give the agent a buzz. I was going to remove it but it’s hung up with wire on a lattice fence. I’ll give them til mid next week to remove it.

Cheers!

Profile photo of miraclemiracle
    @miracle

Agents need to abide the local laws in regards to signs. So call the local council, and ask what is the time frame they are allowed to be there!
    If it’s gone past the allowed time, complain or rip it down.

If it is in the allowed time frame, get some local drunks that walk past in the middle of the night to have some fun with it!

Participant
    @newgen

Hi everybody!
    Just an update.. in the interest of myself and the other owners in the block who are trying to sell their units I decided to take down the sign over the weekend in the cover of night [fear] The SOLD sign had been up for quite some time now.. my girlfriend believes it to be around 1.5-2 months. [whistle] No more free advertising for the agent! [jerry]

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Criminal [biggrin].

That remind me of when I got Home one day and my father had a For Sale sign out the front.

I’m a bit protective to my origins, I went out the front and tore the sign down. The property did not go ahead with a sale.

I don’t know why but i think dad new that, I told him it was my ‘Home’ and he would have new i tore the sign down out the front and ripped up all the pickes and everything.

Participant
    @newgen

Yeah I know it’s bad.. but it was for a good cause. My girlfriend was calling me Robin Hood for the rest of the night haha. Anyways, I noticed this morning that ANOTHER for sale sign has appeared in it’s place.. so 3 units are currently up for sale. I hope it’s just investors trying to avoid the new stamp duty..

Glad to hear your dad didn’t end up selling.. he sounds like a caring guy! [biggrin]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.