All Topics / Forum Frolic / Tasmanian Holiday – Any tips ??

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

Hi all
    Planning to go on hols to Tassie this year.
    Prolonged the adventure til Oct. so can escape our Wet season buildup and enjoy the cool…
    Would appreciate some tips / independent advice on must sees… if you have only 10 days to see as much as you can in a mode of campervan travel.

Ive done 75% net research and just getting the basic itinery planned. But one quest avails me is to find some “have been there accom’ on first night as seems most flights come late at night. So some Hobart or Launceston ( still working on where to start journey from ) accom that is handy to avail oneself after at least 12 hours enroute from Darwin would be great.

Thanks in anticipation and will reciprocate if those wishing to venture up this way. And yes I will visit estate agents.. for a looky… but aint buying …

[biggrin]

Regards

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi jancrows

sorry I can’t help with hotels – can’t remember the names that we stayed in as it was a few years ago, but we did find out that if you plan to stay anywhere en route, it’s best to book in from ‘afar’ as you get cheaper rates that way…. There’s some holiday bureau type place (ours was organised through Flight Centre with these guys) who can get cheaper rooms, but are limited to the numbers etc.

Anyway, my point for posting was make sure you go to the Cadbury Factory in Hobart (and take plastic bags so you can carry your freebie chocolate without it melting – or you having to eat the whole lot at once). You also MUST book in, rather than just turning up (which we did!!). Hope you have a good time.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

Mel
    Thanks for the reply.
    Choco factory. Mmmmmm I remember going to the red tulip one in Melb when I was in High School…it was a big excursion seeing I was schooling in Tennant Creek NT.
    All of us stuffed ourselves silly. ( quite sick actually)
    Thanks for the tip. Im not a choco fan (perhaps it was that Melb experience all them years ago)… me thinks Id rather get sick on wine tasting…[blink]
    … then again I say theres no better than SA wines. But have to check out Tassies. !!! None the less.

Cheers

Regards

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.