All Topics / Help Needed! / Researching the market

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of philip1philip1
    @philip1

Hi all
    Just wondered if anyone knows of some study books or courses on the topic of property reasearch.kiosaki has the six steps to becoming a property investor but would prefer something from AU. anyone got any thoughts/ideas?
    phil [grad]

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Phillip,

Not being familiar with Kiyosaki’s six steps I am wondering if you are after information about ‘selecting a property’ or are you after information ‘about becoming a property investor’

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

The 6 steps is good, but I would suggest you first get Steve McKnights book – 130 properties in 3.5 Yrs.

Rgds.
    Lucifer_au

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

philip, have a look in the Heads Up forum – there is a Sticky there dedicated to books and their reviews from forumites…

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of philip1philip1
    @philip1

thanks guys,
    I have read the book and a few others but wanted to learn the steps in reseaching properties.thought there may be a course one could do at home in their spare time.
    phil

Profile photo of skpolaskpola
    @skpola

Hi Phil,
    I’ve just read a book by Margaret Lomas called a pocket guide to investing in Positive Cash Flow Property.
    It is full of practical step by step advice and includes sources for information in all states. It also includes Formulas for calculating if a property is +cf, your borrowing capcity and debt servicing ratio.
    They also offer free software(download) which is simple but does the job.
    It was published in 2004 so it is current. It’s available from http://www.businessmall.com.au for $27.95.

Regards
    Kev

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Philip,

In terms of a ‘course’ there isn’t a ‘selecting IP’ courses around as far as I know however Steve’s book (pg 37) has a few pointers that may be of use.

Some of Margaret Lomas’ pointers are included in the following thread https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/10795.html

There are no doubt other threads also discussing the same topic – recommend a search – left hand side under the forum boards button.

In the end – finding the right property gets down to you knowing what your goals are, you doing the leg work and then identifying the property that meets your goals.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.