All Topics / General Property / Investing in Cairns

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of WilkoWilko
    @wilko

Hi All

Has anyone bought any ip’s in cairns? If so how are they going? I might be looking at a property there. Any advice?

Thanks

Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

None personally but it’s still pretty cheap. I was up in Port D earlier this year (just north of Cairns) it is BEAUTIFUL there. The people are lovely too, alot of people liken it to Noosa before Noosa took off in price. It’s becoming a big tourist destination, with the season going for 9 months of the year. Good luck!

Liz

Mortgage Lender

Profile photo of WilkoWilko
    @wilko

Thanks Liz

My only concern is that the main industry is tourism. There are some other minor ones but we all know cairns is the jumping point to other destinations for Nth Qld. If that should slow down(tourism) then trouble.

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted

Well there has been plenty of examples over the yrs of tourist slowdowns and its affect on the local Cairns economy.

So has those underlying threats that caused those slowdowns dissappeared for international travellers?

Is there a likelyhood that the domestic economy will slow in the next few yrs?

Thinking about those 2 questions might give you a clearer perspsective on beautifull sunny Cairns[biggrin]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.