All Topics / Forum Frolic / Rather Scary

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

This doesn’t affect me because i don’t drink coke, im a big water drinker, but its still interesting..

Coke Ain’t No Joke

W a t e r
    1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half the world population.)

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?

C o k e
    1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield. Check it out.

For Your Info :
    1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?

Cheers Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I don’t believe those claims about coke. I think it is an urban myth – nor do I drink much of it either!

I will bet you a carton of beer that it will dissolve neither a t bone or a nail. Lets test it with the nail as I hate to waste a good t bone!

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

i value my beer to much to be betting it away, but to tell u the truth, its not just coke, its the carbonation in soft drinks that does it, and thats why i don’t drink the stuff…

Cheers Matt

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Most commercial beer is carbonated with CO2 in the same manner as soft drinks?

Is an interesting subject!

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

@matt-p

it is yes, but not to the extent of soft drink..

Cheers Matt

Profile photo of ezy.home.loans23320ezy.home.loans23320
    @ezy.home.loans23320

Drink to much water and that will kill you,
    Drink to much Beer and that will kill you
    Drink to much coke and that will kill you
    Crossing the road could kill you.
    get cought with my daughter, and you could die v/slowly…
    It’s a fact when you are born to are on a journey
    it will end when you Die.. sooner or later
    We will all Die, some of us get the chance to choose others dont get the choice.
    Dieing is the end of Life as we know it…who cares…it’s a matter of choice.
    Its that EZY [angel]heven or [devil]….

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Coke please![biggrin] I’ll stick my hand up and admit that I drink too much – although my sister drinks probably 2-3 times as much diet coke….

I question the ability to clean the clothes, as every time I spill coke on my clothes – it STAINS!! Same same the carpet..

I do drink a fair bit of water though..[thumbsupanim]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Water ?

hmmm… too much coke for me…

first up with Beer…

theres nothing wrong with beer… its made from all natural ingredients… wheat, barley, sugar, yeast and other natural goodies…

so go out and enjoy a VB

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school
    Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

The valves in my kids drink cups are too small to clean properly with the bristles on the bottle brush so I clean them by soaking in Coke overnight. In the morning they rinse clean without any trouble. Now that I see what I have written it seems very scary indeed.

Cheers
    Sonja

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

I’m more of a Diet Coke addict, does that warning go for me too????????????[blink][blink]

I drink that much of the stuff, my husband reckons if they tried to get blood out of my veins, all they’d get is DC !!!!!
    [blush2][blush2]

Jo

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Hey I heard off a paramedic that thickshakes from McDonalds are in fact whipped chicken fat.
    This happened because he responded to a young boy who had collapsed after having one. With all food poisoning cases the ambo must take a sample of the food they ate for testing.
    He found out that it was made from the chicken fat and that the young boy was actually allergic to poultry products! [sick3]

G7

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

COKE is my favourite drink and I don’t swap any drink for it.

Talking about COKE…going to get one now….

Kind regards

Jet Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

@melbear

I thought ice cream was made out of pig fat?

Jo, a Kiwi that I worked with a few years ago now told me that she read about the harmful chemcials that are in Unleaded Coke to make it Diet, and that they are far worse than drinking leaded Coke – can’t remember what exactly, but she certainly stopped drinking it in a hurry!!

Oh well, I’ll still have my can of coke a day, although at the moment I’m drinking soda squash for a change[biggrin]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Thanks Melbear (putting down my Diet coke to type this!!!!)

Your post really made my day!!!!!!!!!! [blush2][blush2][blush2][blush2]

Oh well, we’re all dying of something aren’t we?? If it isn’t in what we eat or drink, it will be in the polluted air we inahle into our lungs.

So how does that saying go, oh yeah:

Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die

Cheers (literally) [biggrin]

Jo

Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

Girls! Girls! Girls!

It’s all about sugar, Do you what epidemic is gripping the world right now, Diabeties !!!

Unfortunately we eat way to many refined carbohydrates, yup, RICE PASTA BREAD TIM TAMS…all of it gets turned into sugar as soon as it hits our bodies and if we don’t burn it off it gets stored as fat. LOW FAT diets don’t work because even if you have a bowl of pasta with no fatty sauce, your still eating a bowl os sugar basically. Sugary drinks keep us addicted to that sugar hit you feel 2 minutes after having a drink and then, when your body comes of the sugar spike you feel drained and go and drink another one to pep you up again.
    As for Diet drinks….sorry to tell you that even though there is no ‘sugar’ in them your brain interprets the ‘sweetness’ as sugar and tells your pancreas to realease insulin in readiness for the sugar to hit your system. When the ‘sugar’ dosn’t arrive, your body is flodded with insulin that has nothing to do. This causes insulin resistance in your body which is bascially setting you up for diabeties.
    Don’t know it that’s actually true, but don’t i sound smart!![strum]

@melbear
    Originally posted by WallFlower:

[lmao]WallFlower you do sound very smart – you had me going for a while, and I was almost going to stop drinking my can of Coke… actually, that would be a lie, but I’ll just think about the consequences while I’m enjoying my sugar hit..[medieval]

Cheers
    Mel

@matt-p

im gonna enjoy all of the good stuff while i am young, and not worry about putting weight on [medieval]

Cheers Matt

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

My cousin who is so brainy he discovers new enzymes told me that coke is more ‘sour’ than lemon juice. A lot more. Even though it doesn’t taste it. So yeah, i know it’s bad – the calcium leaching thing is a problem. As is the acid making the system too ‘yang’. but I love diet coke too. I love Pepsi MAX more, but that would be splitting hairs wouldn’t it? I’m trying to drink only a maximum of 2 a day but i could easily drink the stuff all day. So i drink more coffee instead, hyuk hyuk.

As far as fats/sugar goes, I agree that our diet is getting sweeter and sweeter as there are more added sugars in foods we don’t realise, everything from bread to promite to baked beans and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. the bread in the US is just SOOO sweet you can’t even eat it. Disgusting. Kind of like the bun in a big mac. Sweet. Also at maccer’s they soak the chips in sugar water.

Anyway yeah so I have been trying to go a bit more unprocessed wherever possible, as that way you tend to avoid too much sugar without really trying.

Yeah, I read the Atkins diet (no carbs, go into ketosis) but it gives you bad breath and constipation, so to me that’s just so wrong.

but having said that, I have noticed that when I have rather experimentally had low carbs meals (i.e. like what I had tonight, lamb skewers and tzatziki and salad, but no stodge or starch -) it’s heaps easier to digest, doesn’t make you feel bloated and if you do that for a week the weight definitely drops off. So i think there is something in that. But then again it can be an economic decision. Pasta is a poor people’s food, really, and meat and fish is practically a luxury. i mean, what would the battlers fill their families up on, if not pasta, bread, weetbix and the like? Most people couldn’t afford to feed their families on as much fish, chicken or meat as you can eat, some lovely low carb salad or asparagus or whatever, hold the potatoes – that would cost a fortune. For the average person that is.

But I do think there’s truth in that we eat too much sugar, and too much processed food, and that by lowering your carbs you can lose weight fairly painlessly, though not to the extent that Atkins reckons.

And all of this, on a property investing forum…hehe, it’s good to rant sometimes.

joy to the world

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel
    Originally posted by WallFlower:

Girls! Girls! Girls!

It’s all about sugar, Do you what epidemic is gripping the world right now, Diabeties !!!

Unfortunately we eat way to many refined carbohydrates, yup, RICE PASTA BREAD TIM TAMS…all of it gets turned into sugar as soon as it hits our bodies and if we don’t burn it off it gets stored as fat. LOW FAT diets don’t work because even if you have a bowl of pasta with no fatty sauce, your still eating a bowl os sugar basically. Sugary drinks keep us addicted to that sugar hit you feel 2 minutes after having a drink and then, when your body comes of the sugar spike you feel drained and go and drink another one to pep you up again.
    As for Diet drinks….sorry to tell you that even though there is no ‘sugar’ in them your brain interprets the ‘sweetness’ as sugar and tells your pancreas to realease insulin in readiness for the sugar to hit your system. When the ‘sugar’ dosn’t arrive, your body is flodded with insulin that has nothing to do. This causes insulin resistance in your body which is bascially setting you up for diabeties.

I have done a lot of reading on this. The condition is known as Hypoglycemia or low blood sugar. Paradoxically it is caused by high sugar intake…exactly like Wallflower describes.

It is a hidden epidemic and a lot of illnesses can be pinned on hypoglycemia as the precursor.

Diet coke et al use synthetic sweeteners…which are known carcinogens.

Enjoy :-/

http://www.tradingforaliving.info

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.