All Topics / Help Needed! / Robert Kiyosaki TONIGHT!

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Mel,

just on a short note, and out of my own curosity, from the information you learn from Dolf De Roos – Property Pack, would you say, that from the material you learnt from it, that the pack definetly paid you back in greater dollars and in investment returns, from its source and information it provides and teaches you?

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964
    Originally posted by NEWGEN:

Originally posted by novohs:

There was nothing new in the seminar than what you can learn from his book Rich Dad Poor Dad.

I kinda knew that’d be the case.. I just wanted to go to get motivated I guess, which I’ve been told he’s good at. Ahh well maybe next time round. When’s the Melbourne seminar?

Tonite 3rd of june, and i have 2 spare tickets dicounted if u would like them. I cant make it unfortunatley.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of NEWGENNEWGEN
    Participant
    @newgen

Cheers Bear,
    I’m in Sydney and was hoping it may be a bit further off or even on the weekend so I could make it down there but unfortunately I can’t due to work commitments. I’ll see what I can do for you though :) How much are the discounted tickets?

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

God willing, Ill be there tonight – see what he has to say and Ill try avoiding getting his products on my Credit Card. I paid hepas last year and still haven’t finsihed them – no time.

Regards,
    George.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

george,

In that case, leave your credit card behind- it’s just impulse spending. Best to think about it for a few days instead of getting caught up in the hype.

kay henry

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

SIS, Re Dolf de Roos

Definitely. It included his books, and the video ‘Twists’, and the software.

To get back the value I paid, I only needed to increase my total rent by $20 a week across 10 props ($2 a week) to get the cash back, and barely anything at all to get the ‘extra value’ out of a valuation.

For info (and you can download from his website without having to buy the tape/CD) he includes a ‘Finance Application’ which is extremely similar to the one that the Richmastery lads now promote – AND charge you for!!

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Sweet Chili SauceSweet Chili Sauce
    @sweet-chili-sauce

Boy, very dissapointed!

I was very excited at prospect of hearing Kiyosaki speak live in more depth about issues he glosses over in his books. Attended Sydney seminar and was interested to see I guess 80 to 90% of audience had read his book Rich Dad Poor Dad – what the rich teach their kids etc etc.

Yet what he talked about for 3 hours was so basic anyone who took in what was in the book was miles ahead of those who paid to see it.

My humble opinion – his books are really good and provide inspiration but cover broad principles and are light on detail. The talk in Sydney was 100% fat free. In the first half hour Kiyosaki said, unlike other seminars, they were not there to sell anything or get your money for higher level conferences. What a load of B.S. That’s all they were there for. The work book contained promotional material for other books, games, and particularly the 3 day business school. He demonstrated broad principles that were covered in more details in his basic books that most people would have read but gave no detail except to say they were in this or that book etc. He got people up on stage who were going to present at the 3 day business school who gave you a very small taste of what you would get there. No guts to the stories or info or usable information, just a sweetner as to what you might get at the 3 day show.

Openly insulted people calling them losers for investing in Negatively Geared Property but did not provide detail as to why or a balanced view. I bet there were hundreds of people there who would have liked him to elaborate on that issue. Much the same with anything said. I didn’t think he was really switched on and motivational either. The whole show was a bit flat, but that was just my experience.

Would I read more of his books? Yes definately because they do provide motivation and broad principles and helped me to move ahead in my interes in IP’s, Investing etc.

Would I recomend going to see him. No way. Lacked integrity. Said he wasn’t going to do something (ie. not going to sell us anything) and then did it. Covered some very broad principles and gave no guts to the story.

Glad I went? Yes and No. Positives to be gained from any situation. Bought 2 tickets months ago hoping my wife would go. She said bugger off so I rang an old mate from Sydney and got together. He didn’t mind the show too much and whoever knows where us getting together could lead to.

Sorry for the big blurb on my first post, but have been really interested in this site and now have taken a plunge with an IP so felt I should imerse myself in the forums.

Cheers.

Todd Sweeney
    ‘Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.’ Goeth

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Well I went to his seminar last night in Melbourne,

Kay – I took my Credit Card but didn’t buy anything. Talk about multiple streams of income. He’s doing his seminars whilst at the same time he’s selling his products by the thousands – smart man.

He did pull a few jokes which were funny but nothing new. I’d say that 90% of his talk was promoting his products. H’d talk for about 5 min, then ask everyone to talk to the person next to them then he’d resume his seminar. Every time he’d resume, he’d begin by promoting his products.

However, there was one staggering fact that stuck in my head which was when he said that George Bush and the US government spends $50 million an hour more than what they make – yes that’s right, $50 million more an hour – an hour. I find this very hard to believe but if true, then the US is expecting a crash which will impact on the rest of the world.

Oh – the other fact that stuck in my head was that he said “We have a depression every 75 years – it’s like clockwork. The last one was in 1930 which makes the next one in 2005. Im not saying it’s going to happen, but it does happen.”

If any of you got th Herald Sun today, there is an article of him in there, claiming that he doesn’t know where to put his money. He said that the stock market in the US isn’t right and the properties here are too expensive – not the right deals so he’s keeping most of it as cash for now.

Kind Regards,
    George.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of wezwazwezwaz
    Participant
    @wezwaz

From what I can gather, he already has his next bestseller in the bookshops: Who Stole My Money?
    He seems to be pumping out a book per year.

He certainly knows how to sell himself. Just think about his board games. He markets them as a package since you can’t play the second one without the board from the first one. Clever. Not only that, but they sell for a price at least 2 – 3 times any other board game. Why? I know, what you’ll learn is so valuable it’s worth it. [wink]

It’s all getting a little tiring and becoming a saga. What is Robert Kiyosaki’s main motive – to help people or make more money for himself? I think the distinction is somewhat blurred.

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.