All Topics / General Property / Split Loan Tax Ruling – another kick in the pocket

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Well finally the ATO has ruled on this, so what does every body think the impact this will have on the investing market.

[email protected]

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Not Much. I dont think many were doing it and those that were or wanted too probably, were waiting to see what the ruling in the courts would be.

So I dont see any effect on the property market.

Profile photo of gmh454gmh454
    @gmh454

I agree with Yack on this, not many were using it though a lot of the “Sales Teams ” used to promote it.

Most good accountants were waiting for this, and some returns will need amending, but think it will be a minor ripple.

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

I think the problem is begger than you thing, some mortgage brokers are not happy which tells me the effect is greater than we think?

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I think the brokers who were actively marketing it on the basis of a possible high court decision will be the ones most upset about it.

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

sounded too good to be true from the outset. the ATO had their noses out of joint from the word go which is why I held back… seemed a bit risky given the ATO had flagged their discontent with it. I have to admit I can’t see any major repercussions form this – just business as usual really.

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Guys

Why not accept the decision and move on.
    The world is full of new opportunities and Split loans where just one of them.

Cheers Richard
    richard at fhog.com.au
    http://www.fhog.com.au

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.