All Topics / General Property / Help Needed – Covenants

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of MattyPMattyP
    @mattyp

Hi all

Am seriously considering purchasing a property in VIC and have grabbed the section 32 off the agent. On it is a copy of a covenant dated back to the 1930’s. It says something like the owner…

“shall not at anytime hereafter excavate, carry away or remove or permit to be excavated, cariied away or removed, any earth, clay, stone, gravel or sand from the said land hereby transferred except for the purposes of excavating for the foundations of any building to be erected thereon or use or permit or allow the said land hereby transferred to be used for the manufacture or winning of bricks tiles or pottery ware…”

I’m just trying to get my head around what it’s really saying. Ok, so I can excavate if I want to build (there is already a house on the property). But does that mean I can’t dig to create a garden bed becuase I will be “excavating” clay & stone etc? How literal is this covenant? [confused2]

Sorry for the long post but I’m new to property buying & there’s a bit to get your head around!

Cheers

Matt

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

sounds like it is directed towards a full on excavation operation. If it were me I wouldn’t be too concerned.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.