All Topics / Finance / Construction loan advice needed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of powderfingerspowderfingers
    @powderfingers

Hi,
    I am purchasing a block of land in a booming qld coastal
    area, I wish to build this year and I am currently in England working full time till the end of the year. I was wondering if anyone can advise on a loan where I borrow for the total amount incl building costs with a 20 or 25% deposit. Land is $105 000, house $160 000(approx)
    I have $112 000 in cash. and earn $30000 net per annum. I want a loan with interest only and a redraw facility.
    Any advice would be appreciated,I have three weeks finance clause to arrange finance.

Regards
    Clinton

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Clinton,

That loan is pretty standard. Most banks have a construction loan with those facilities.

Will you be settling on just the land first with the construction being organised later or are you buyine a house and land package?

You even have the depoosit for a LODOC if required.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of powderfingerspowderfingers
    @powderfingers

Hi Simon

Yes we want to settle on the land first so we are looking at obtaining finance for the whole package, to build in around 3 months time.

Are lo docs the only option, don`t they have higher interest rates and restrictions,disadvantages?

I will be signing a contract for the land this week, including a 3 week finance clause so will have to organise the loan within that time, including getting a builder`s quote?

Regards
    Clinton

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Clinton,

The issue will be the overseas income.

You need to get onto a broker ASAP who can get the research done and start the ball rolling for you.

There will be no additional costs if you use a mortgage broker.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Clinton, I’m not a broker, but from what I’ve read on here and other places, Lo Doc loans can be quite competitive, sometimes lower even than standard variable. Contact Simon – he’s excellent![specool]

Cheers
    Mel

@powderfingers

Hi Mel

Thanks, will do!
    Cheers
    Clinton

Profile photo of GeronimoGeronimo
    @geronimo

Clint

Have already gone through this with you, 75% is max, unless I’m missing something here and another broker can get more than 75% for that postcode and an overseas application on your servicibility?

Simon is very experienced here, use him.

Brendon

Acute Mortgage Reductions
    http://www.acutemr.com.au
    [email protected]

@powderfingers

Thanks guys,
    Brendon, I am just looking for some opinions,
    we need a loan with not too many costs and fees because of the land price.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.