All Topics / Opinionated! / Our Newestest Moderator

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Congratulations Monopoly

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Hey Monopoly,

Congrats from me too!

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

Congratulations Jo

[drummer][biggrin][biggrin][biggrin][juggle]

Liz

Mortgage Lender

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Congrates Monopoly!!!!!!!!

[biggrin][strum][lmao][king][specool][whistle]

Regards Bear

Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

Go girlfriend [shades2]
    You have a fantastic knowledge base [grad]

WF

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Awwwwwwwww [blush2][blush2][blush2]

Thank you so much; I am still stoked at Steve’s choice of moderator, especially for the “Finance” forum!!! [blink][blink]

I was always under the impression, that moderators were assigned to their areas of expertise, and as such, when it comes to being financially savvy in comparison to some of the others (no, actually, ALL of the other) moderators in this section: I know Jack!!!! My experience as a property investor is mainly on a more general level; ie. market trends, where to buy, what to look for, all that kind of wishy washy stuff. Just because I have a healthy portfolio doesn’t make me anymore an expert that Mr or Mrs (or Miss) Average who is just starting out – as long as they do their homework they will (like me) get there, and probably even surpass my efforts!!!

I may not always agree with everyones views and vice versa, but the one thing that needs to always be remembered when dealing with others is RESPECT. All too often, such common niceties can get overlooked, especially when we get stirred up.

Thanks again for your kind words, and hopefully we can continue to share, teach and learn from each other, and have fun all at the same time!!!

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Congratulations,
    Your posts are always good, you deserve it! [thumbsupanim]

G7

Profile photo of The EccentricThe Eccentric
    @the-eccentric
    Originally posted by Monopoly:

I may not always agree with everyones views and vice versa, but the one thing that needs to always be remembered when dealing with others is RESPECT. All too often, such common niceties can get overlooked, especially when we get stirred up.

Cheers,

Jo

This is very important to remember!!!!!

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

It appears a few posts went missing… better put them back up. Can’t see why they would be deleted. Nothing offensive contained in them!!!

<<Admin: they were edited because they were deemed inappropriate. Take the hint!>>

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Dear Rob,
    I get the feeling that as a mortgage broker you appear to be heavily opinionated towards ‘INTEREST ONLY??????’ I also sense that as a broker your more concerned with making more dollars than ‘sense’. I’ve got to hit the sack as it’s late but don’t worry. Funny material and laughter will be added in later.
    Cheers,
    Gatsby

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

I welcome “anyone” to this forum who can ADD to my knowledge base..

However as moderators you have to be *around* a lot more..

that means no holidays, daydreaming and such…oh and yEs..sourcing great deals for your friendly forumites [inlove]

CONGRATULATIONS MONOPLY

Oh and Rob AND monoply, thanks to you both for your postings [specool]

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

@robbie-b
    Originally posted by Gatsby:

Dear Rob,
    I get the feeling that as a mortgage broker you appear to be heavily opinionated towards ‘INTEREST ONLY??????’ I also sense that as a broker your more concerned with making more dollars than ‘sense’. I’ve got to hit the sack as it’s late but don’t worry. Funny material and laughter will be added in later.
    Cheers,
    Gatsby

Gatsby,

Your FEELING is partially correct. I advise my clients to use interest only for 5 years if there is the possibility they may face some difficulty in the near future. It allows them the flexibility to make lower payments (temporarily) if need bebut also to make P&I or additional payments at any time. It is just so their ‘liability’ is lower for the interim. Also, for negative gearers, I see no reason why they would make any principal payments. If you view negative gearers differently, please let me know why.

Your SENSE is way off the mark. If you asked I could have told you that I do a lot of volunteer work in different areas. I spent years with St John Ambulance and SES amongst others. I used to also teach first aid for free. More recently I am getting involved with Community Radio. I also spent a lot of time on here (and other places) giving free advice which I did happily before getting pushed out by false allegations. I have also knocked back offers from investors as I prefer working alone more than making money.

Words on a screen may sometimes appear deceiving especially relative to a persons’ personality.

Can you explain where the majority of my posts did not make sense and how they gave you the impression I was all about money?

I respect your opinion as it is your own but thought I should try and clarify a little about me.

Rob

The Mortgage Adviser
    [email protected]

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as advice to any particular individual.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Congrats Monopoly,

I think it’s important to remember that forum moderators certainly don’t have an easy job.

They are subject to criticism for simply trying to retain order. I’m very appreciative of all the hard work moderators put in.

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of The EccentricThe Eccentric
    @the-eccentric

i don’t think monopoly is being criticised for trying to retain order. i think it is more for personal attacks and threats in private and public insults. looks like a closed shop here.

@gatsby

Rob,
    It’s COOL! Take a seat and have some dip! My message was probably too cryptic, even for ‘Gatsby’. Don’t worry about the shop being closed. Click onto Online Shop and follow the menu re: which product you’re interested in. Delivery is usually no more than a couple of days. I purchased Wealth Guardian and all I can say is that by ‘actively listening’ to it with an ‘open mind’ I’ve gained a lot more ‘understanding’ about my myself as an investor. It’s great to hear of your voluntary work too, having worked in similar fields myself. I don’t know if I’d have the ‘insight’ though for what it takes, etc to be a mortgage broker.
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.!

@gatsby

Dear Monopoly,
    Congratualtions not just for being a moderator but all your sincerity in every post you have shared with everyone on this site to get there.
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school
    @robbie-b
    Originally posted by The Mortgage Adviser:

It appears a few posts went missing… better put them back up. Can’t see why they would be deleted. Nothing offensive contained in them!!!

<<Admin: they were edited because they were deemed inappropriate. Take the hint!>>

I would be interested to see who did deem them inappropriate and who deleted them. One was a copy and paste from a moderator wasn’t it???

Also, I might be a bit slow so I might need some explanation about what you mean by “TAKE THE HINT!”

From memory I agreed to stop posting even though I was told I was most welcome to keep posting. You won’t see me posting anything under this name in Finance or Help Needed. That pathetic argument that I was advertising no longer exists as every post is now done anonymously. Still, I get threatened by the newest moderator that I will be banned.

I agree, I deem Monopoly’s PM as inappropriate. Now, what are you impartial moderators and the impartial Mr McKnight going to do about it? Remember, it takes two to Tango and I never took the lead!!!

Oh yeah, the only reason I am posting in this name now is because I find it ridiculous that Monopoly was made a moderator and I do not appreciate receiving threatening PMs or having comments made about me when I had clearly stopped posting in this name and have been minding my own business.

Also, while Monopoly is a moderator, I will continue to post regarding my OPINION that she is not suitable to be one.

Have a nice day people.

Rob

The Mortgage Adviser
    [email protected]

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as advice to any particular individual.

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Thanks G7, Redwing, Gatsby, Steve, SIS (and to those posters who initally posted to congratulate me, thank you all again too).

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy [blush2]reading your best wishes, I am really flattered, your posts mean a great deal to me.

I look forward to a long and harmonious association with each and everyone you.

Cheers,

Jo

@gatsby

Dear Monopoly,

“Shall I compare thee,
    To a summers day?… Oh I’m sorry, wrong thread? (whoops!). People aren’t just replying to get their points up!! I’m sure there will be many more compliments to come.
    Congratualtions Again!
    Regards,
    Gatsby!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.