All Topics / Finance / So hard to find

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of TinkerbellTinkerbell
    @tinkerbell

Hi, This won’t apply to a lot of you….
    I live in the Sutherland Shire, just South of Sydney and am looking very hard for a good Mortgage Broker (my current is not so good), and an accountant that has lots of experience in property investing.
    Anyone of you finance heads fit that build?? Please let me know if you know anyone..
    Thanks, Tink [biggrin]

Profile photo of TinkerbellTinkerbell
    @tinkerbell

hehehe [lmao]
    Because it is God’s Country!
    The most beautiful coastal town. CLose enough to everything, yet far away. If anyone has a lot of money to throw away, i would definately suggest buying here. I will have to work on investing for the next ten years in order to raise my children here…
    Mortgage Adviser, where are you situated?

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Tinkerbell,

Lizzy is a Mortgage Broker and I believe on your side of town.

I think you will find her very helpful, and thought I’d mention her as my recommendation just in case you wanted to deal with a female (not that there is anything wrong with males….so calm down all you fellas out there) [biggrin]

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

Shucks Jo! You are ever so kind.

Tinkerbell most of us brokers probably think we are hot stuff! There seems to be no shortage knowledgeable ones floating around the finance boards.

Feel free to give me a call or email me if you think I can help.

It’s an interesting point you make Jo, I have found women are more likely to be the investor of the couple, and in my opinion, women communicate better with women. I have a long standing partner and I still find myself talking to a brick wall sometimes!![laughing]

Sorry guys, it’s just as much our fault as it is yours! LOL

Liz

Mortgage Lender

@monopoly
    Originally posted by Lizzy:

It’s an interesting point you make Jo, I have found women are more likely to be the investor of the couple, and in my opinion, women communicate better with women. I have a long standing partner and I still find myself talking to a brick wall sometimes!![laughing]

Sorry guys, it’s just as much our fault as it is yours! LOL

Amen to that Sister!!!

My husband (albeit a real honey) is soooooooo conservative it drives me nuts!!!! [rolleyes5]
    He doesn’t just consider a deal once, or twice (for that matter) no sir, he has to ponder his navel for the next week!!!! [angry2] Oh well, guess it’s not that bad at times, his patience and cautiousness has paid off on occasions.

In my years of property investing, I have often found, that there are far more women, than men in the game. But that is just my perception, I am not claiming that as a statistical fact.

Either way, a good business person is one who does the job, and meets the clients needs, regardless of their gender.

Cheers,

Jo

@lizzy

Hey Rob,

Well I do honestly think that Jo is trying to remain impartial to your own recommendations.

Her reference to me being “very helpful” may relate to the thread found in “Help Needed” – “Formula for calculating Repayments” and I have indeed actually been helping her with creating a few calculators… (which was fun) She was so grateful that I have been blushing ever since, so I think she is giving me a rap here because of that, not so much directed as an anti-Rob tactic.

Thanks for your kind words too though, you have actually returned the favour already so can the modesty![wink]

Re: the gender issue, I don’t think it’s a pity we bring this up, in fact it happens to be something I am quite involved in. Although there is some truth to the fact that some women prefer to use women professionals (I know I do, sometimes I find men a bit too firm and blunt in communications), it should not be about segregating the sex’s, but ensuring your professional aide works the best for you. With women we feel less threatened.

Still, in many cases people just want the BEST regardless of sex! Which is probably the more logical choice for some!

As I mentioned I am looking at creating an association for women seeking financial freedom.

As a member of the Australian Businesswomens Network I highly recommend their services to any woman in business who is local to Sydney or Melbourne, it is simply amazing the lengths women will go to in an effort to help one-another!

Sorry Rob if you feel left out, but in my association men will be more then welcome to participate and make use of the services [suave2]

(sorry all for long boring post – why don’t i have a word limit?)

Liz

Mortgage Lender

@monopoly

Hi Lizzy,

And thank you for your kind words; you are far too modest.

Anyway, just as a point of interest, please email me re your wanting to form an association for women who seek financial freedom. Many many years ago, when I was doing Honours degree, my thesis was on the networking process and effectiveness of women’s groups (or some such fancy smancy title). I have info that may help, and would certainly love to be a part of that.

Thanks again,

Jo

P.S. Rob, you know full well why I am posting your messages in their entirity!!

@lizzy

Hi Jo,

Wow you shall certainly come in handy! Am emailing you now!

Thanks,

Liz

Mortgage Lender

@lizzy

[ohno] Am I going nuts? Where did the previous posts go?

I look silly now responding to ghost posts!!!

Who did that?

Owell, blondes will be blondes [glum]

Liz

Mortgage Lender

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Tinkerbell- re your question… there are many Mortgage Brokers on this site- sometimes it doesn’t matter whether they live in your region or not- a lot of stuff can be done over the phone. A very good friend of mine on here had hers donew with a very good Mortgage Broker on here, and was extremely pleased with his professionalism and the deal he got for the IP. Check out the Brokers on here, their websites… and also, the way they answer questions and their style. Honestly, if someone carries on in your home they way they carry on in here, would you let them in?

A quick reference to the [offtopic] discussion on gender… there are aggressive people of both genders out there, and decent people of both genders.

kay henry

@lizzy

LMI guidelines are changing alot, I would be inclined to use those calculators found on the websites, but only as a guide. Each of my lenders seems to have a slightly different rate of LMI which they pass onto the client (strange but true).

Liz

Mortgage Lender

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.