All Topics / Heads Up! / Why is it that ……………………..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Why is it that ……… when a ‘guru’ charges a high price for a seminar it is wrong though the same objector thinks it is O.K. to sell one’s property for the highest price possible ??

Where is the logic ?

Oh, I am wrong am I ? What’s the difference between selling one thing and selling something else ?

Pisces

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Ok Pisces, I’ll go there [biggrin]

The way I see it is that you are either paying someone else a fortune, or paying yourself a fortune. So I pay 50k (some people have) for a seminar, and put that money into someone else’s pocket to fund their lifestyle, or I sell my IP for max price (what the market will pay) and get to keep the money myself.

There have been *some* investors who have made money without going to seminars (others of course have made money and the impetus has been seminars). But for the ones who have made money, learned tricks, done self-education by reading books, or spending time learning in Forums like this one… it means it is possible to play the RE game without doing the exxy seminars.

I either *sell* my IP and make money for me… or I *buy* a product, which makes money for them (and possibly me if I implement their strategies that can be found out for much cheaper). I see your “selling and selling” idea as more “buying and selling”.

kay henry

Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

I see your point Pisces… but I think there are plenty of differences

I’m not a big fan of expensive seminars, I know alot of people who go to them and talk about them so *glowingly*, but have not actually seemed to benefit from them?? In fiscal terms or life goal terms (depending on seminar). I think they are all motivational seminars and they are an addiction!!!

I’m not all skeptical, but I think my point is that to pay $5,000 for something I could have figured out myself by reading a few books is just not my thing.

However, when selling a property for the highest price – at least your definately getting something for your money. Furthermore a majority of the time a bank has an interest so a valuation will ensure you arn’t getting ripped off. If there is no bank interest it costs $200 to get a val (if you really can’t figure out the market yourself), as a percentage of total cost 0.08% I can ensure I’m not getting ripped off, at least to a degree.

If I looked at a $5000 seminar and could pay someone $4 (.08% of cost) to tell me whether its a rip off or not I would…

…actually I’d rather keep the $4 hee hee.

Selling property is different to selling information, at least with the foremost you are getting something concrete in return!

Liz

Mortgage Lender

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Ha ha ha, the two of you completely misunderstood me so let me re-prhase it.

If it is O.K.for (say) Liz to sell a property for the highest price she can obtain why is it wrong for Robert Allen to sell his seminar for the highest price he can obtain ?

However, I agree with Liz that it is silly to pay thousands of dollars for a seminar if one can get the same kind of information for virtually free.

Pisces

Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

Oh Ok Pisces I see your point. I agree.

If they can make money out of people like that go for it.

I do wonder though, how people can preach how rich they are from doing this or that, when CLEARLY they are making most of their money from charging ludicrous rates for their seminars???

Liz

Mortgage Lender

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

The thing I dont like about these semiar gurus is the hype and emotional drag that goes along with these expensive seminars.

I know the market determines the rate for these seminars.

I just hate the crap about I have made it rich and want to help others and charge $5000 per person for a room with 100 people.

Thats fine with me just dont ANNOY me and others by saying you just WANT TO HELP OTHERS. You can help others by charging cost price or give your time for nothing like many successful self-employed charity workers.

If a seminar is a profit making venture thats fine – just dont tell me you want to help others.

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Very well said, Yack. I feel that way, too.

I mean,if I wanna sell my house for the best price possible, I am not saying:
    “Out of the goodness of my heart to HELP OTHERS enjoy living in this wonderful property, I’m putting it on the market for ( X amount of money)”.
    Imagine that! Pffff.[biggrin]

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

hehe Celivia… and out of the goodness of MY heart, I’ll buy it off you for a song! Yep, you’d never meet a bigger bunch of saints than property investors [angel]

kay henry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.