All Topics / Help Needed! / Brisbane Suburb-need some info

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Profile photo of madhunmadhun
    @madhun

I thought iwsctws actually wanted to live there.
    There’s a reason birds fly inverted over Ipswich.

Profile photo of madhunmadhun
    @madhun

DD, just for the record,

Ippy is a great place for IP’s but you couldn’t pay me to live there. Development or no development, it won’t change the fact that IPpy is a miserable dry hot hell hole in summer, freezing in winter and about as aesthetically inviting as a volvo.

Milly, i don’t think you’re a hypocrit FWIW and there’s quite a good number of catholic schools around, i attneded one in primary school till grade 4 when i left to a GPS school, but people will buy in the area just to send their kids to the primary school.

Profile photo of markpatricmarkpatric
    @markpatric

You will definately find a house like that around 15 ks ormore from Bris CBD, no problems, try Jindalee, Riverhills,Westlake,Jamboree Heights, forget Ipswich. Kenmore is good too but maybe a little more pricey.
    Mtommaney is good value and for some reason has very large blocks of land, Bellbowrie is also great. Take your pick you`ll have no problems.[strum]

Profile photo of vianndravianndra
    @vianndra

I agree with DD, Ipswich and surrouding suburbs is the way to go. My house is on a quarter acre in walking distance from shops and Woodcrest College, the best public high school in Qld (yes I guess I might be a little biased here).[grad]

The point is that our house is under $300k and there are many decent houses here that would fit into your budget. If you want classic Queenslanders or classy modern Ipswich has it in your price range. Best of luck.[thumbsup2]
    Regards Viv

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Thank god im not alone in whats happening and why Ippy is the place to go. All of the roads, trains and services are going thru a top flight range of upgrades, and it seems to me that you ignore what you have had a bad experience with yourself over time.

I have had probs with 1 or two tenants but it wasnt in Ippy it was in kigston over in logan central. So sure for $400k you could get closer, but for bigger blocks, nice houses and a whole heap of potential cap growth to boot, I knpw where Ill be.

Wish you had asked 2 weeks ago. Had a 3 bedder with polished floors and a sunroom with a 2 bed self contained granny flat and a pool that I just sold for a song at$270k in Booval.

Chat soon.

DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of iwsctwsiwsctws
    @iwsctws

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for all the replies and the “heated” exchange. (BTW, i’m more confused than ever, i’ll have to go thru’ your replies and sieve out the information).

Sounds like Ipswich is a debatable area; and as Milly says may be good for investment but as a PPOR it will have a long way to go.

Thanks anyway for all your replies, it was MUCH appreciated.

Cheers

lee

Profile photo of ibfocusibfocus
    @ibfocus
    Originally posted by iwsctws:

Is it possible to find a suburb in Brisbane that is:

a) less than 45 minutes to the CBD?
    b) about 300K – 400K for a nice 4 Bedroom house on a minimum 800 Sqm block ?

c) most important near good schools (very GOOD public high schools with great HSC results; am saving the private school fees to put down a deposit for the kids’ property investment????!!!!) At present i reckon i stay in an area of Sydney with the best public schools in the whole of NSW; glad to share info if anyone is interested!

Would appreciate if anyone out there could provide names of 2-3 suburbs and names of schools

Cheers!

lee

Hi Lee,

Can I suggest that a good buyer’s agent will help you find property that meets all of your criteria. In Brisbane there is one guy that I use and would happily recommend to anyone. If you want his details send me a quick message ([email protected]). Mark is unbiased about area’s. He has bought property all around SEQ and will happily answer all sorts of questions that you might have.

As far as I’m aware there is no real report outlining which schools perform better than others. I believe you need to do your own DD on this sort of thing. Be aware that most people will have a bias towards their area (or at least their own decisions).

Good luck with your search,

AC [hair2]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Doesn’t the State Gov keep stats on the average results for the QCS?

In ACT when our HSC equiv results come out, there’s always a graph produced in the paper showing the averages, the tops and bottoms etc. etc.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of JanwayJanway
    @janway

Dear Lee,
    As a matter of fact, I have a property for sale in Wishart which I believe fits your requirements very closely.

[email protected] if you are interested in more details.

JCAnway

Profile photo of JanwayJanway
    @janway

Hi Lee,
    Just read your other responses. My property is 916 square metres, in Wishart(South), two streets from a bus stop direct to the CBD with both a large public school and a large private school in the near vicinity.

[email protected] if you are interested in more details.

JCAnway

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.