All Topics / General Property / Property Slump problem No.1

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of gmh454gmh454
    @gmh454

I know that some areas are holding up, but Sydney is getting a little bizzare.

When the “devilupahs” were selling you could get 100+% finance. I understand that financiers now are reluctant to lend on a CBD unit, and have heard of lends of 50% of valuation. Now if you have equity in other assets and it is holding up, then thats okay, but this sure limits the number of qualified buyers.

That will kind of kill prices even more, or am I reading too much into this ???

Profile photo of IbuycashflowIbuycashflow
    Participant
    @ibuycashflow

Do you think there maybe some “bargains” to be had in Sydney at the moment?

Cheers
    Jeff

Profile photo of gmh454gmh454
    @gmh454
    Originally posted by Ibuycashflow:

Do you think there maybe some “bargains” to be had in Sydney at the moment?

Cheers
    Jeff

Jeff, absolutely not. Its better value than last year, but still too many sellers and not enough buyers to say we have reached a balanced market.
    Maybe in 12+ mths.

Have big bag of cash but not spending it until I see them cry. Worked last time.

(I meant that in a socially responsible caring way….but business is business )

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

gmh,

I had no problems in getting a loan for my apartment in sydney- @ 70% LVR. I knew it was going to be that, and I have no problem with it- because it keeps my LVR down. I dunno about all this borrowong 100%- just means you have to pay back more!

Re your original question, it depends on what you consider a bargain. What are you looking for?

kay henry

Profile photo of gmh454gmh454
    @gmh454
    Originally posted by kay henry:

gmh,

I had no problems in getting a loan for my apartment in sydney- @ 70% LVR.
    kay henry

Thanks Kay, can you tell me your finance source, a bank, or otherwise, and was it CBD highrise.

From your memory, your Unit is about 4 yrs old, that correct.
    Thanks again for info. Knowledge makes smart investors.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.