All Topics / Help Needed! / Best of PI.com threads has ended!

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2
    I’d add to the list Jaffa…but how? go searching?

Exactly. Though I find it difficult to used the PI search function.

The main idea was to get many people contributing. When I went about reading the forum, i came accross a lot of really good well discussed threads. That seemed a shame that they would go submurged to the bottom of the ocean and rarely if not seem again.

I wish i had of bookmarked them at the time, so the idea is to hopefully get anyone else who is slowly browsing thru the past threads; to put the links in here if you find any good or interesting one.

I haven’t been able to do alot lately because I’m all over the place , I been travelling and moving house and everything. Did I say house [That’s Not A House…It’s a HouseBoat! [biggrin]].

The idea was that the threads would relate to Positive Cashflow and in the PI.com forums, but you got me stumped there Aceyducey because the list of words meanings relates to both with that list! But I would have to change the thread title. Mmmmm “I dunno” , i will think of something. In the meantime we’ve found a list so that’s good! I finally know what IMHO means and a few others.

[edited] Ok I just thought of something,

Aceyducey would you like to start a Best of Summersoft over there at Somersoft.com and I will link a best of somersoft thread in this one. Other wise if we start mixing PI.com and SS.com it will get long and mixed and all over the place. And also may get better value to have a best of SS.com at SS then the members frequenting there will add to a list of links, and well benefit more from it!

Either that or I will divide this thread into two; PI.com and SS.com but I think it will get to long and end up in a mess. What do you think?

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Jaffasoft,

There’s been previous ‘Best of Somersoft’ threads.

However there were no acronym lists here on PI.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

– Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2
    Profile photo of DavidMDavidM
    @davidm

Thanks so much for compiling all these hints – they’re great for a novice to learn from.
    All the best
    [biggrin]

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

That’s great. But don’t thank me, thier’s a lot of people putting these threads together.

You know when I was new, I was finding lot’s more as I was reading and i was hungry and i was learning something new. It’s reminds me of those times when i was reading them and learning.

So while your doing it don’t be afraid of putting in some links. Just put the link in here and I will put it up in the top bit.

Chances are if you find something benefitial and long and detailed or something….about some subject…then someone else will be able to benefit from it to!

We need some more [tired].

But anyway, thanks about the compiling bit. Compiling sounds like to fancy a word for me, but I’I take it [biggrin].

Profile photo of hallk9653hallk9653
    @hallk9653

Any suggestions about investing in property in rural areas north of Adelaide i.e Crystal Brook, Port Pirie, Peterborough. Properties in this region seem to fit as close to +ve cash flow as I can find in SA at the moment.
    Any ideas are helpful.
    Thanks

Profile photo of ridiridi
    @ridi

MR jaffa !!!
    YOU DONE IT AGAIN DUDE[specool]
    thanks for all the trouble that you went to, your a gem ….no a treasure chest full of gems

god bless ya

Profile photo of MaisonMaison
    @maison

Hi guys, this is just what I was looking for when signing up, coulnd’t think of a better start, thank you very much.

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Thankyou very much. [specool][specool][specool]

Have a great Christmas Season and Happy New Year!! “[hat][helmet][biggrin][:D][hat2][hippy][xmas]”

Positive Cashflow Financial Analysis Calculator Online

Profile photo of freekeyfreekey
    @freekey

What a comprehensive list.. Keep up the good work!

Sharetrader.com.au – stock discussion forums

Profile photo of kayleenskayleens
    @kayleens

Hi All

I have been a member for a while now and I think its great how everyone is always so willing to help. The list of links is great.

I haven’t seen this link anywhere and feel it needs a mention. If it has been discussed before I’m sorry as I haven’t seen it.

http://www.mortgagewatchdog.com.au/

If anyone has used this software I would really be interested in some feedback. Has an excellent refund policy; do you know anyone that has asked for one?

Thanks

Kayleen

Profile photo of jnistedjnisted
    @jnisted

Question – what’s a Moderator and what’s a sticky?[wacko]

Profile photo of JarrahJarrah
    @jarrah

A moderator moderates the site in other words if I stuck a string of swear words in here and replied to you in a derogatory fashion he may stop laughing enough to delete my “post” as he is given the authority to do this. Recently I happened to be online insite and MortgageHunter aka Simon Macks had not yet got to a thread posted by someone giving a link to some company in the USA offering cheap mortgages, another time someone had posted a thread pertaining to help a guy out by donating a dollar and these threads or posts are really seen to be “spam” or a waiste of peoples time…

A “sticky” is a “thread” “topic” that is listed permanently at the top within a “forum” e.g. Go into “Forums” then “All forums” scroll down to “Community” go into “Heads up” and there you will find “Sticky’s”, there’s actually a few in there started by some bloke called Steve McKnight…

“ask and you shall recieve”

Sincerely, Jarrah

++CASH FLOW PROPERTY HUNTER
    (your not hunting if your not hungry)

[email protected]
    Climbing & Consulting
    Arboricultural Services

“be ye angels?”,
    “nay we are but MEN!”

Profile photo of MartyJMartyJ
    @martyj

Thanks for the GREAT list. That will save me some searching around [biggrin]

Kayleen, I downloaded the free trial of the watchdog once, but got really bored of typing in statements. It’s also a very basic software package. Common opinion (on forums) is that the software isn’t worth it.

If you want to check your statement I’ve been using the mortgage checker from http://www.homemoneymanager.com as it lets your load all your statements electronically, and provides you with a whole lot more reports on your mortgage. Otherwise a quick search for “Mortgage Audit Software” will help you.

Cheers,
    Marty

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

I feel this thread has served well but it seems out of date now and not relevant I think it should sink to the bottom of the ocean.

Another reason to is that it can not be edited the way it was, I can not edit it any further with the forums current formatting.

A nice mod might drop it I think it's time that it is not a sticky any more! Thank you! I guess you will be the judge but I think it should not be cluttering the top area of the help forum no more!

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

It was time this thread ended it's now dead.

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.