All Topics / Help Needed! / IP with Housing NZ lease

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of GreatPigGreatPig
    @greatpig

Hi,

Just wondering what you think generally about IPs that come with a Housing NZ lease.

I saw one on the Internet that is leased to Housing NZ until October 2007. If the other financial aspects were favourable, would you consider the lease a plus or a minus?

ISTM like it’s three years of guaranteed tenancy. I have no idea at this point of renewal options on the lease.

GP

Profile photo of tamaratamara
    @tamara

Hi GreatPig

I guess I would be asking mysself what would happen if Housing NZ were no longer your tenant? How easy would the property be to tenant etc.

Tamara

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi GP

i wouldn’t take on a property just because it has a good tennant in place. The area has to be right as does the price and the rental income, a good tenant like yours would be a huge bonus.

regards westan

Profile photo of GreatPigGreatPig
    @greatpig

Thanks for the replies.

So you would consider Housing NZ to be a good tenant? Not difficult to deal with?

Would a lease be much the same as a normal tenancy in regard to the obligations of the owner (maintenance, etc)?

GP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.