All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Help needed to find a solicitor in S/E Melbourne?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi all,
    I’m currently in the process of switching my 2 IP’s over to a new bank to get a much lower interest rate, separate the cross collateralization, etc. Can anyone recommend a good solicitor in Melbourne? I live in Nunnawading/Forest Hill (eastern subs) but proximity is not the major issue. I’d gratefully appreciate anyone’s advice/help. Thanks again.
    Regards,
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Gatsby, how come you want a solicitor?

For a standard refinance, you can just put ‘self’ in the app form where it asks for your solicitor details….

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi Melbear,
    Thanks for responding to my post. I guess I’m just being careful that all the ‘T’s are crossed and the’I’s dotted. I was asked if I was going to use a solicitor, so I thought maybe best if I do? Anymore thoughts you might have are greatly appreciated. Also hope you and family are well, etc.
    Take care,
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!
    PS. Do you or ‘anyone’ know where PropertyGuru is? I’ve sent a photo of myself in but it hasn’t popped up on gallery and I’ve also emailed PropertyGuru. Is he/she away?? I’ll follow this up as tonight is the first time I’ve had to catch up on this site. (And a hundred and one other things!).

@melbear

Hiya Gatsby

Guru is o/s for a couple more months I think! Family weddings or some such, plus a long holiday. He occasionally pops in though, so he might get your message…

With regards to solicitor, the only thing that you may need them for is to explain the mortgage docs to you, but I think your broker (if you use one) or yourself easily enough could read through them for the fine print.

I’m doing well. I hope your job isn’t still as wearing (fat chance I guess[biggrin]).

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi Mel,
    Thanks for the advice, etc. Yes work has been a bit of a hoover! But it can’t be as bad as the one I had before it. I worked as a carpark attendant at Tullamarine airport. ‘I parked Jets!’ They let me go though because I kept locking the keys in them! One day I was on an 80 foot step ladder trying to get the keys out with a coat hanger!
    Hope you and family are well.
    Regards,
    Gatsby!

@melbear

Ah Gatsby – you are in the wrong job – unless you make the people you look after laugh too[biggrin][lmao][laughing]

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.