All Topics / Creative Investing / Investment club anyone???

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of mrsuccessfulmrsuccessful
    @mrsuccessful

Hi my name is steve. Im looking to see if anyone is interested in getting an investment group together in queensland if there isnt one already going? If so id like to become a member of the group or there isnt Id like to get one organised. I think it would be a great way to exchange idea’s and talk to like minded people. I live at strathpine 20 k’s north of brisbane. If anyone is interested please reply. Thanks Steve

stephen love

Profile photo of pumpkinpumpkin
    @pumpkin

What did you have in mind for this group? I live in Townsville, but only moved up here 18 months ago. Was in Brisbane for 5 years before that.[biggrin]

Lara Hansen

Profile photo of SilverSilver
    @silver

G’Day Steve,

I’m in Ipswich and wouldn’t mind becoming a part of an investment group. If you were to start organisingone send us an PM. Sorry but I don’t know of any around in QLD.

Ian

Profile photo of pete152pete152
    @pete152

Gidday,
    Iam in Brisbane wouldn’t joining as I need all the help I can get!!
    Peter

Profile photo of GeronimoGeronimo
    @geronimo

Hi Guys

Great to see a few Brisveganites on the forum. I don’t know of any groups besides the Somersoft group that meets once a month on the southside in Salisbury.

Besides that, we have just moved into our new premises in Park Rd Milton which is pretty central, and have a conference room in which we will shortly hold info and networking evenings with guest speakers such as accountants, solicitors and financial planners.

Generally this will be for our clients but we will make room for any guests that want to come along. And at least no-one is going to try sell you 15k property courses.

Let me know if anyone is interested in something like this. We think it is a great way to network and meet like-minded individuals.

Brendon

Acute Mortgage Reductions
    http://www.acutemr.com.au
    [email protected]

Profile photo of Chris-SydChris-Syd
    Participant
    @chris-syd

I would like to get involved in a investment club in Queensland. I live in Sydney but it is good to invest in other states that don’t have so many taxes!

Chris

All post are IMHO.

@geronimo

Alright guys I’ll take more inititative.

What i would also like to do is setup a regular meeting for games of cashflow 101.

I realise there are some clubs around but apon contacting them, I haven’t recieved a reply.

If I organise a time and place how many would be interested? I find groups of 4 are best to keep the game flowing.

Brendon

[email protected]

Profile photo of MJTMJT
    @mjt

Hi Guys – picked up a business card in a Brisbane Coffee club recently.

Springwood Coffee Club 7:15am – 8:15am
    or ph 0407030518 for details.

I haven’t been to one – I live in Boyne Island – I just thought it was interesting. It looks as though its more of a samll business owners networking sort of meeting. Still might be good to check out.

Matt[medieval]

#@$

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Great news guys the Wealth creator magazine has monthly meetings in brizzy one month, gold coast the next for the networking and “lets get inspired” group amongst us. They meet on a saturday morning once a month with a millionaire speaker each month.

not sure of the web but they are a cool group. I have just moved to Coffs and am not looking forward to the 3 1/2 hour drive north for the meetings.

Lets hope that there are some footy games other than aerial ping pong.
    DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

@geronimo
    Originally posted by MJT:

Hi Guys – picked up a business card in a Brisbane Coffee club recently.

Springwood Coffee Club 7:15am – 8:15am
    or ph 0407030518 for details.

I haven’t been to one – I live in Boyne Island – I just thought it was interesting. It looks as though its more of a samll business owners networking sort of meeting. Still might be good to check out.

Matt[medieval]

#@$

Hi Matt

Could also be a ‘Swingers’ club too? The Wealth Creator club as DD mentioned is excellent for networking.

Brendon

[email protected]

@geronimo
    Originally posted by DD:

Great news guys the Wealth creator magazine has monthly meetings in brizzy one month, gold coast the next for the networking and “lets get inspired” group amongst us. They meet on a saturday morning once a month with a millionaire speaker each month.

not sure of the web but they are a cool group. I have just moved to Coffs and am not looking forward to the 3 1/2 hour drive north for the meetings.

Hi DD

Went last month to their launch and I can confirm that the setup was excellent, very well organised, and great for business owners to network with similar minded people.

You must be dedicated to be driving 3 1/2 hours to it though, better make a weekend of it as you said with some footy!

Brendon

[email protected]

Profile photo of Adrian CahillAdrian Cahill
    Participant
    @adriannqld

Pumpkin and any Townsville People count me in. going away for 6weeks but keen to join or start club in tsv. have Cashflow 101 and small network up here. if it gets started can someone email me [email protected]

Adrian Cahill | AdrianCahill.com Personal Development Expert
    http://adriancahill.com/from-investor-to-coach/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Here since 2002, however things have evolved over the years.

Profile photo of Rich1704Rich1704
    Participant
    @rich1704
    Alright guys I’ll take more inititative.

What i would also like to do is setup a regular meeting for games of cashflow 101.

I realise there are some clubs around but apon contacting them, I haven’t recieved a reply.

If I organise a time and place how many would be interested? I find groups of 4 are best to keep the game flowing.

Brendon

I would be very interested in attending. Just give me a time and date and Ill be there.
    As a matter of fact, I have just joined this forum and was planning to write a very similar post to the one opening this thread.

Richard

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Here’s the details for the next BIG (Brisbane Investor Group) meetings. They’re quite a fun crowd…I think around 50-60 people regularly attend…

BTW: They’ve got Ian Somers (aka Jan’s other half) on the panel…as well as other luminaries like Kevin Hockey & Larysa (they’re great people):
    http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=111786#post111786

And their regular cashflow game:
    http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=111780#post111780

Cheers,

Aceyducey

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

– Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.