All Topics / Help Needed! / Too Late?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of outbackoutback
    @outback

Hi all,
    Iwould like to buy a property, but only if it is positively geared. But at the current prices for housing I can not even get close to anything that is positive.I have looked Interstate and in a lot of Country towns but no luck. My question: Is it still possible to find such properties, or will I have to wait until there is a downturn in prices?
    Regards Mike

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

There’s a search function on this site… learn to use it and you’ll find a number of area

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

There’s a search function on this site… learn to use it and you’ll find a number of areas that have been discussed ad nauseum.

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of donella14153donella14153
    @donella14153

Hello,

This is my first post.

Richmond, can you please tell me whereabouts on the site I can find the search function you refer to.
    I have had a look around but can’t find anything.
    I would appreciate your help,

Kind regards,

Donella. [cap]

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Donella,

Not Richmond – but can’t let a chance to get my post count up go by.

Look to the left hand side of the board and click on ‘forum boards’ this should show a drop down menu underneath. One of these ‘buttons’ is a search button – click on that and off you go.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

Derek, that’s desperate
    Ha 81 posts + 1

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

If a house for sale at $100 000 rents for $180 per week say, what’s telling you the owner won’t accept $85 000 and you can re-rent it at $190 per week after you bought it.

This is a quick spin and rough example on making it cashflow positive. Remember they’re not always staring you in the face, but you can try to turn deals to your advantage.

Hope this helps, G7

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

AND..

The more deposit you put in the more positively geared it becomes..[blink] [biggrin][biggrin]

seriously though Outback, spend a bit of time reasearching the forum and not only real estate web pages but when you find a likely area, then local shires, tourist centres etc etc to get a ‘feel’ for an area..you have to be comfortable with where you buy..

Or PM some of the spotters on this site..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

find me any house that is $100k with 180/wk rent and I have 6 buyers for it.

that is 8%return anyway and as the loan is 7% management is 0.5% your contribution is rates and maintainance/reno.

I’d still say this was a yummy deal in todays market.

DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.