All Topics / General Property / First investment property

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of JuJuLieLieJuJuLieLie
    @jujulielie

Hi all.. This will be my first, and hopefully I could build my portfolio soon after [biggrin].
    I have bought the reports from Residex – The top 100 postcodes for both Sydney and Brisbane, The best rental performance, and the Lower Cost Property in Sydney.
    However, I realise that none of the report actually provide any report on property that both high in Capital Growth and Rental Income. It is one or another.

What is anyone’s opinion on buying property in the country area in NSW? Some of the properties seem to provide high good rental income, but it was pretty sad when it comes to the capital gain.

What about Brisbane and Cairns, where it was said that there will be more capital gain to be expected still.

I live in Sydney, so Brisbane is a bit of distance but I am very ready to travel anytime when there is a good deal.
    What does anyone think about using the service of buyers’ agent?

My target is to land on a good deal by end of June (at least exchange contract).
    Any feedback, any advise, any suggestion are very much appreciated.

Learner,
    Julie

Profile photo of 1HotValuer1HotValuer
    Participant
    @1hotvaluer

Depends if you want to keep working or retire young and rich.
    Meaning, capital growth property is more than likey to be negatively geared (keep working) or high rental return property CAN be cash flow positive which leads to early retirement. I like the country areas or anything +cf. I have many properties in country areas.
    I wouldn’t trust a buyers agent but that’s just me. I prefer to find my own property but then again I am in the business.
    I also buy sight unseen. I have alot of faith in my judgement. If it looks good on paper, I buy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.