Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of elviselvis
    @elvis

Would like to know of any opinion on Exmouth WA.

I was talking to a friend who has recently holiday-ed there. HE said there is a lot of building activity and blocks are selling at a premium like $200,000. My recent memories of Exmouth are on the news when there was a severe cyclone…

It is thriving because of the Gorgon Gas project which is in close proximity. The whole NW shelf will prosper from Gorgon especially Exmouth and Karratha/Dampier (port).

Regards,
    Elvis

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Holiday area for Kalgoorlie miners as far as i know, very slow in the ‘Off” season..But ‘yes’ some activity there at the moment on development side..as far as i know..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of HotRodHotRod
    @hotrod

Redwing wrote……….

Originally posted by redwing:

Holiday area for Kalgoorlie miners as far as i know, very slow in the ‘Off” season..But ‘yes’ some activity there at the moment on development side..as far as i know..

Wow! Have they moved Exmouth? Last time I checked, Kalgoorlie was 600 clicks east of Perth and Exmouth 1200 odd clicks north of Perth![wacko]

Profile photo of wezwazwezwaz
    Participant
    @wezwaz

The whole of the northern coastal area of WA is very cyclone prone. Exmouth has felt the full brunt of at least one cyclone within the past 7 years. I lived in the Pilbara region and experienced the effects of at least 5 cyclones – some more damaging than others.

If you owned property there it is something to consider and might worry you somewhat. Generally the houses stand up OK. It just depends on the severity and whether the eye passes through your area. I know that when I was there I worried a bit about my car being only in an open car port, and also if the roof of my flat might disappear. Nothing bad happened to me, but it always could have been the next one that might have caused problems.

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Lovely place for a holiday. WOuld you be looking at as short term rentals for holiday makers or long term for locals, not sure how the latter would go?

Redwing was probably tired, check the time of his post! I odn’t want to speak for him, but I think he might have been thinking of Esperance rather than Exmouth?

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

i think redwing was thinking of esperence which is a great place in itself. exmouth is one of the world great undiscovered (relatively) areas. ningaloo reef, national parks etc etc. its a wilderness paradise and therefore i reckon value for money as a buy and hold.

ref cyclones – yep they are a problem but they have very strcit laws on they type of abodes you can build. make sure the place is cyclone proof!!!

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi all,

And factor in very high insurance premiums for buildings when doing you calculations.

Elvis, is Gorgon project really going to have that much of an effect on Exmouth property – when I was living in the Pilbara many Hedland, Karratha & Dampier employees flew in and out from Perth where most of their families were based.

Given Karratha to Exmouth, by road (direct flights?), is some distance I would be inclined to believe the ‘Gorgon’ impact to be relatively minor on Exmouth in the grand scheme of things.

Or have things changed that much since I was last there?

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

PK..and Aussierogue

Your right[confused2][confused2] I had to do do a shift after only 2 hrs sleep[hmmm]< thats how i looked and felt..was thinking about Esperance, sorry all[glum2]

One of the guys at work had an accident, wrote off his car ( got $40 for it from scrap metal yard )had to go hospital..so i covered for him, was my day off and thought id get sleep later after a meeting, but didn’t

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Participant
    @purplekiss

No need for apologies, hope you’ve caught up with the sleep now though.[sleepy2][sleepyanim]

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

Exmouth,
    The last thing I remember of it was watching the houses go past in the back of an ambulance… I saw that most of the houses had dirty big slabs of concrete on their roofs to keep them down during a cyclone.

Lovely place to visit, but not so sure about living there. Lots of tourist opportunities but not too sure about sustainable job factors outside that Gorgon prospect…

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Participant
    @purplekiss

Elvis,

Have you spoken to the council. I was thinking about this, It’s possible that employment exists due to tourism, so perhpas it would be worth chekcing with the council what theri plans for tourism in the area are for the next decade or two.

PK

Profile photo of madhunmadhun
    @madhun
    Originally posted by HotRod:

Redwing wrote……….

Wow! Have they moved Exmouth? Last time I checked, Kalgoorlie was 600 clicks east of Perth and Exmouth 1200 odd clicks north of Perth![wacko]

Enter the Boeing 737-700 and Super King Air

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

I know the Navy has a ‘smallish’ base there, so obviously it doesn’t impact too much on the place???? Those guys would always need rentals, unles DHA have it covered…

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.