All Topics / Heads Up! / RG Allen Accolade

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of NRGNRG
    @nrg

Steve

In reading the acknowledgements in your book I was very impressed with you Steve and wanted to read your book.

I recently posted a message on the Guru Watch site in relation to RG Allen, who provides a glowing accolade on the back cover of your book.

I posed a couple of questions for you:
    1. Is RG Allen a man to be trusted or is Neil Jenman right?
    2. In 1999, did you learn the techniques that you implemented from RG Allen’s books?

Cheers
    Neil

PS I give more details on the Guru forum

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Just back after some extended time away writing book #2.

1. Is RG Allen a man to be trusted or is Neil Jenman right?

Trusted… hmmm… trust needs to be earned on a person by person basis. Still, in my case, I’d say it has been as his Bob Allen’s investing strategies have made me a lot of money. His marketing techniques may seem strange to Australians, but that is because he applied a US based approach to our market only to find that it didn’t work as expected.

I thought much of what was written about him came from ignorance in an attempt to gain publicity rather than objective analysis.

2. In 1999, did you learn the techniques that you implemented from RG Allen’s books?

Some – but the biggest leanring for me came from looking at the business side to investing rather than treating it as a gathering of random assets. To understand this you need to draw a distinction b/w an investing business and the business of investing. Having an investing business means automated as much as possible, and Bob Allen’s info helped me to understand and then profit from his information.

In respect to his r/e stuff, many of his books contain good ideas which I’ve absorbed or tailored into my own approach with good results.

Overall – credit where credit is due.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.