All Topics / Help Needed! / property investment books

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of dragons_1908dragons_1908
    @dragons_1908

hi ive juse finished steves book and i thought it was great would any1 be able to list the books they have read prefrably postive geared books which they think was the best thanx guys

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Steve,

Steve’s book advocates one way to invest in property – I suggest that you read a couple of others that discuss alternative viewpoints. You may well find there is a better way for you – then again you may come back to the Steve Mc way too.

Nonetheless another viewpoint will make you a more balanced investor and more likely to succeed in the long run.

Recommend books by Jan Somers and also a scan in ‘Heads Up’ which has a ‘sticky’ with some book reviews as the first post.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of EmZYEmZY
    @emzy

hey a few books, here’s a few i recommend…

Property Smart by terry ryder…. (he used to work as a real estate agent, and exposes a lot of secrets behind real estates and agents… I think the book is meant to turn u off buying property as an investment vehicle but by reading that book it gets u more aware of buying property and helps u understand the real estate industry. Personally after reading a lot of investment books before this, it’s just tought me a lot of things to make sure I don’t make mistakes that a lot of people have… and I think its important to learn a lot from your mistakes, however I think it’s smarter to learn from other people’s mistakes) [wink]

There’s a few books my Margaret loams, eg “how to maximize your property portfolio” and “how to create an income for life” (these are good because she’s also an Australian writer, and like steve she buys real estate properties out of major suburbs, all positive cashflow)

John R. Burley is excellent too, try his book “Australia’s money secrets of the rich- Learn the 7 steps to financial freedom” he’s great with teaching you how to manage your money, eg. Get you out of debt and teach you smarter shopping, e.g buying cars etc…

Dolf de Roos – “real estate riches”
    This guy is amazing with real estate…. :) he made me want to get a job as a receptionist working for a real estate company so I can learn more about real estate.

Last but not least… actually he’s my favorite author.
    Robert Kiyosaki
    I’ve read a lot of his books
    – Rich Dad Poor Dad
    – cashflow quadrant
    – guide to investing
    – retire young retire rich

this guy is a fan of positive gearing too… you’ll be hooked after reading rich dad poor dad…. Start of with that one…

he’s also coming to australia reall soon YAY
    [thumbsup2]

:)

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi,
    I’d agree whole heartedly with the last post. Four years ago someone told me to read ‘this’ book. Robert Kiyosaki’s ‘The CashFlow Quadrant’. It’s not the first book he wrote but I’d recommend reading this first. It changed my whole life and I was able to grow Roses out of shit after it. I mention this book (Rich Dad, Poor Dad, you could read first too) because it was the start of a continual cascading change in my thinking and an ongoing desire to continue learning. Good luck!
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!

Profile photo of Hux001Hux001
    @hux001

There’s no doubt that Rich Dad Poor Dad has started a lot of us off on this journey. Another one worth a read is John Fitzgerald – Seven Steps to Wealth, although he tends to focus a lot on depreciation it does give you yet another perspective of welath creation.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

I believe Terry Ryder actually says in his book ‘Confessions of a Real Estate Agent’ that he has never, in fact, been a real estate agent, but he knows a lot of them…..

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Robertus007Robertus007
    @robertus007

[drummer]

Hi All,
    The book to read, would be “The Richest Man in Babylon“, it is the Bible of Investment.

Regards
    Rob

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.