All Topics / General Property / Termite/Building inspection on new house?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of elviselvis
    @elvis

Would like to canvass some opinion on whether a termite inspection and/or building inspection is necessary on a new house?

I should say the property is in the Pilbara, NW Aust.

Usually properties are inspected by council engineers prior to some sort of sign-off – aren’t they? Can I obtain a copy of the associated report?

What about termite inspection on new house?

Elvis

Regards,
    Elvis

Profile photo of cobra8272cobra8272
    Participant
    @cobra8272

Hi Elvis
    I believe all new houses in WA must have an approved termite barrier installed during construction by a registered pest company with a 5 year guarantee but with annual inspections.
    Check with your builder and the certificate is usually stuck on the inside of the power box
    rgds
    Cobra[suave2]

Profile photo of elviselvis
    @elvis

Thanks Cobra.

I spoke to a ‘Pestie’ today. She explained the same thing with the certificate in the meter box.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Elvis

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

For the sake of a couple of hundred dollars is it worth forgoing a termite inspection? Termites don’t read the certificate in the meter box and can move in fast when they see fit.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

True PK,

In a lot of areas termites are ‘always’ around, they love a dripping tap also..

I’d still get a check done ‘especially structural’,makes me feel better, note a lot of ( most 0 inspectors will not go into narrow spaces..

regular checks would be essential , watch out for dodgy operators ‘watering’ down thier products too !

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.