All Topics / General Property / Pest inspection

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of HT-007HT-007
    @ht-007

Hello everybody,

I know we (or most of us) get a building and pest (termites) inspection done before purchasing the IP. Just wondering if anyone also have the termite inspection done again for their IP’s on a yearly basis?

Thanks [thumbsupanim]

HT

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

Absolutely HT007. I have annual inspections for houses, like I go to the dentist for myself, especially if the house has at risk areas – like timber to ground, previous attacks, termites in yard (or in my case fences and eating up the neighbours shed!!)
    I figure you spend the money buying the house, it is worth making sure that it is still there in its entirety next time you look!!!
    Cheers
    CD

CastleDreamer

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

I only been investing in property for the last 3.5 years. Through out that time I never do a pest inspection after purchases and I am sure the property is still there because the tenant is still paying rent. But for every 1 to 2 years I do a pest control surround the property.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

I know I should be doing regular inspections, especially on a place I own in a ‘bush’ setting, that has been treated for termites, but it is a bit like going to the dentist every year – I don’t! I got my front tooth knocked out 13 or so years ago, and I figure the amount of times I saw him then kept me in good stead for the next 15 years. Didn’t though, as now I have braces!!!

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Henry_2Henry_2
    @henry_2

Hi Chan

I hope that was a joke about the property still being there cause the rent is still coming in………[sleepyanim]

Henry

Profile photo of HT-007HT-007
    @ht-007

Thank you all for your comments. I have annual termite inspection for my ppor.

Chan$, you mentioned doing a pest control every 1-2 years, I take that as being for spiders,cockroaches, etc. but not termites? because chemicals used in termite treatment around the house usually lasts 5 years (costs about $400).

HT

Profile photo of GazumpedGazumped
    @gazumped

Sad story –

Most definately get the pest inspection every 1 to 2 years especially if your aware of the region being a high termite area.

I just got a lump sum bill of $2300 for a baiting program to remove a minor infestation. A new system that removes the barrier spraying concept for which I was quoted $7000.

Additional advice – the barrier system can become useless if broken by general gardening, new plumbing installed, electricians etc. Even then they need to be done after 5-7 years. Big waste!!!

Better to put it into your IP annual budget amoungst maintenance.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.