All Topics / Creative Investing / How to collect payments..?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of lozza123lozza123
    @lozza123

G’day! (it’s me again)

I noticed on the “finance wraps” website people were discussing the best way to collect the wrappee’s mortgage payments.

Does everybody here use ezidebit? Or do some people go through a property manager? Or do most of you do it all yourself?

If this has been discussed before, my apologies.

Thanks guys & girls,

Lozza [biggrin]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I think Ezidebit charge a fee. You might as well arrange a direct debit from the clients financial institution instead.

I used a PM on my wraps-just to put some distance between us.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of skippygirlskippygirl
    @skippygirl

Hi lozza,

I’ve heard of quite a few people vouching for ezi-debit. From the talk they gave at a VFA meeting I think it is $1.10 per transaction which your buyer pays and it is set up with a simple form the buyer signs and you submit to ezidebit and you match it to their payday.
    From memory they will alert you to any failed transactions within 24 hrs (ie they tried to deduct the money from the buyer’s account and there wasn’t enough funds) so you can chase them.

Cheers
    skippygirl [strum]

Profile photo of wessy7249wessy7249
    @wessy7249

Hi Lozza

we use the direct debit method ……works for our customers …

seeya

Wes[specool]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Lozza

I guess it all depends on how much you wish to get involved in your wraps.

Personally with 148 wraps to date we employ 2 full time staff to monitor the repayments on a daily basis. All of our wrappees receive a repayment book at settlement together with details of our account and the installment contract clearly sets out the penalties for default interest.

If a payment is missed we telephone the client to enquire if they have a problem in making it and diarise the contents of the conversation.

I could never be confident in using a PM as it looses control and i have too much to loose. As i said i guess it is an individual choice.

Cheers Richard
    richard at fhog.com.au
    http://www.fhog.com.au

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.