All Topics / Creative Investing / When do you get the electricity connected??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of lozza123lozza123
    @lozza123

Hi guys,

Simple, simple question here. When you’re selling on a wrap, at what point do you normally get the electricity connected to the house?? And how do you get it in the wrappee’s name and not yours?? Obviously I want to check that all the appliances are in good working order.

Also — what about the telephone??

Thanks for your help guys.

Lozza
    (Still on that learning curve!!) [biggrin]

Profile photo of skippygirlskippygirl
    @skippygirl

Hi lozza,

I’ll take a stab…..the buyer should arrange the electricity and gas connections or alternatively you connect it and then they switch it to their name once they have possession.
    Same with the phone – I would think the buyer should simply arrange a connection – it’s their house.

Cheers
    Skippygirl [hair2]

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Usually my buyers connect services once they’re going ahead with the purchase. I always tell them in advance (as part of talk about maintenance – it’s your house, your problem!) that if they connect services and find that something doesn’t work, ie kitchen fan (I’ve had to fix 2 of those!) then I’ll fix it. If it breaks 6 months down the track, not my problem. I recommend that one of the first things they do is go around the house and test everything, ie turn on fans, and the oven, and heaters etc etc so that they find out straight away.

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of skippygirlskippygirl
    @skippygirl

Felciity,

So do you mean you don’t connect the power when you buy the house rather you let the new buyer connect it? What if you want to show the property in winter or at night with no power?

skippygirl [hair2]

Profile photo of siaccisiacci
    @siacci

I connect nothing. When you go to purchase the property you can check these things.

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Ummm I show properties during the day!

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I never show properties.

We let our wrappees find the home they want to live in and approach with most of the hard work done.

Why settle and risk trying to find a buyer?

Cheers Richard
    richard at fhog.com.au
    http://www.fhog.com.au

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of HurricaneHurricane
    @hurricane

Hi Lozza

Long time no speak, I guess this all means you Wrapped it! Congratulations[biggrin]

Re the utilities connections, that is their responsibility, however if your purchaser intends to utilise the FHOG, part of the application for it requires a letter or notice of connection from the electricity company for eg which implies your purchaser’s intention to occupy. So what I do, is as soon as we begin the paperwork (ie contracts) I suggest to them to get the electricity connected and request the letter of connection (can take a week or two). So when they finally get the keys, I collect the connection letter, and other paperwork for the FHOG, so 10 days after settlement the FHOG is nicely deposited in my account – less downtime!

Hope this all made sense.

By the way, we should all do Lunch again!

Cheers

Ray

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.