All Topics / Help Needed! / Selling disaster!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of SamwiseSamwise
    @samwise

I had two buyers for my property – a block of 8 units in Regional NSW before Easter, both offering same money, and trying to be honest I went with one buyer, who instead of exchanging, messed me about for weeks and in the end his solicitors informed me that he wasn’t going ahead because he couldn’t get finance. I rang the other buyer and he had already bought two other IPs and wasn’t in the position now to buy. I’m selling the property myself, on Domain.com.au, not through agents. How can I stop this happening next time? Do I tag all buyers along until exchange? Not really fair, is it?
    Do holding deposits work?

Thanks for any help.

Yo Ho Samwise

Profile photo of ezy.home.loans23320ezy.home.loans23320
    @ezy.home.loans23320

Hi, why not put the units up here on the forum, you know every one here is a serious looker and potential buyer. and it costs nothing , you might be doing some one on the forum a good dead.
    Its EZY[buz2]

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Not so ezy, since an advertised deal will be deleted as soon as it appears.

@ezy.home.loans23320

OH, what a shame, surly who ever owns the property is offering an opportunity for the forum readers, we could have a section on whos got what.and an email address .why not?
    I dont see that there is any thing wrong with this…come on the powers to be, put your input into why or why not.?
    I’m EZY [buz2]

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

ezy… think about it. What Sam has written is virtually an ad anyway. People who are interested in his block of regional units can private message him- what’s the difference?

There’s a no ad for properties policy here. People can message Samwise for his info.

kay henry

@ezy.home.loans23320

Thanks guys, but if I take a note off the notice board at the local shopping centre and the deal is not what I want , I just same sorry I am not interested. If I decide to buy said item and the deal goes bad , I would not hold the owner of the notice board liable.so where the note was pinned has nothing to do with the shop owner, it was just a service provided by the shoppingcentre.
    maybe I’m not EZY [buz2]maybe I am Simple [mad]

Profile photo of SamwiseSamwise
    @samwise

Thanks for your advice, Mortgage Hunter. Sorry not to reply sooner – been away. I don’t get a lot of time to chat on this website, but I do like to keep up as much as possible as there’s a lot of information to be gained here and I like reading the posts.
    I’ve EMailed you and Ezy privately. I know there’s a no ad policy here Kay Henry but I didn’t think my post was any worse than some people who blatently advertise eg spotter’s services.
    It was a genuine question as it has just happened and I don’t want to make the same mistake again. I’m also frustrated as I was hoping to sell before 1st June.(new vendor stamp duty)and this was a likely prospect two months ago.

[glum][glum]

Yo Ho Samwise

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.