All Topics / General Property / Forum visitors in decline

Viewing 16 posts - 61 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Well, I think everyone’s here except Simon! Come back, MortgageHunter- we miss you!! [exhappy]

Brenda- do you do your own tax returns????????? Sheesh, I think i am in a hero if i bundle mine into manila folders. How come you do your own, Brenda?

kay henry

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly
    Originally posted by Brenda Irwin:

Took me a while to learn the ‘sum’ button was a backwards ‘E’ tho. Who designed this program?

I would imagine whoever it was the designed the program (not sure which program you are referring to but nevertheless, its designer) has obviously employed the “sum” button or as you call it the “backward E” symbol, which is derived from the Greeks…..it was them who invented mathematics in the first place!!!!

Jo

Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin

I do my own tax return but I don’t lodge it myself, that’s what tax accountants are for.

Bottom line is the ATO says you are responsible for your own tax return and if the accountant makes a big mistake, you may be still responsible.

Therefore, I am rather like the labourer on a worksite. I do all the timeconsuming work to compile the return so the foreman (tax accountant) can spend lots more time checking its all in order before I give the final signature and they lodge it for me.[grad]

Hopefully my tax accountant will not charge as much as if I just tossed a shoebox full of statements and receipts at her. Although, I have yet to find any proof to this theory.[crying]

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

hehe Brenda- re the shoebox ;) My main aim this year is to reduce my CGT liability- I wonder if i can get it down to nothing, and still get back a fat tax cheque?

To do that, I think i’d have to not only give my accountant the shoeboxes, but also lots of nice new pairs of expensive shoes inside!!

kay henry

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Kay,

talking about accountants, you know who my accountant is… but you can imagine, how big our verbal fights and disagreements are, there just not verbal, but swearing and huge arguements, that the whole neighbourhood can here…

… well we both have to completly different opinions and ideas (accountant and me)

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of MJKMJK
    @mjk

I do as Brenda does. I always have. I like to be in control. I have a better understanding of my portfolio than my acountant ever will.

I provide my accountant with one page breakdowns for each property. I don’t think I could trust anyone else to assess it all correctly.
    My accountant does the lodging.

Personally I think turning up at your accountants office, with a shoe box full, is really slack and if I were an accountant I would charge by the hour to get it done.

MJK

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Even if the shoebox has really nice shoes in it, MJK??

My accountant has been working with me foe years, and knows exactly what he’s doing- bloody good man, he is [king] Whilst i don’t turn up with a shoebox full of receipts… I do pay him to organise my finances for me. Just like I pay a hairdresser to organise my hair. I don’t chop it off myself before I get there so he’ll think I’m organised.

I do admire people who do their own taxes though- not something I engage in :)

kay henry

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Yes same go with me. I prepare excel spreadsheet for each property ie. income and expenses with receipt clip to it.

I also prepare investment related spreadsheet for any deduction that not belonging to any of the properties ie. magazine, books….etc.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hey SIS

I think your accountant swearing at you is totally unprofessional.[biggrin] If you, on the other hand, swear at your accountant, she should give you a right good backhander[evil4], and tell you not to talk to your elders like that

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Hi all, I’m new on your forum. It looks like debate is alive and well here, and that’s a healthy sign. I appreciate the opportunity to be here on your forum, to access info and hopefully to provide some when appropriate. If I’m lucky, might even meet some interesting people as well.I’ve been a PM and now operate a motel. Looking for another cf+ investment. Don’t think you need worry about declining numbers, quality beats quantity, and it looks a great forum to me. Cheers
    thecrest [biggrin]

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Im with Crest, this has been an amazing boost even challenging me to help with what little knowledge I have from time to time. I have gained enormously from reading and adding to these pages and feel that even if some of the”oldies” aretired of the same topics repeated then maybe they could glean the odd insight from one of the newbies.

Anything could happen and often does. Lets all do what we each feel is right and all will be well.

DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter
    Originally posted by Celivia:

Yes Marc, I have noticed that also.

I haven’t seen Acey for days, and Simon (Mortgage Hunter) and Richmond are quite quiet too!

Hmmm [hmm] I wonder where they have disappeared to!

I am back folks!

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of hotshothotshot
    @hotshot

Seems like a cool place here, you mean it was busier than this once? Wow awesome dudes, err dudettes?
    I gotta lot to learn about investing, still paying my place off, but if I keep at it, reckon I might be able to put deposit down one day on a rental place, maybe a unit or something small to start off.

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Well, a new forum visitor!!!
    Welcome, hotshot, I have learnt a lot from these forumites, and I hope you will, too!
    Hey do you like our smilies? THey are just so cute![biggrin][cap][suave]

Profile photo of stephenbuchananstephenbuchanan
    @stephenbuchanan

Does anyone out there think that this is a good time to commence investing or should I hang onto my money and put it into shares

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by stephenbuchanan:

Does anyone out there think that this is a good time to commence investing or should I hang onto my money and put it into shares

Different people will have difference ideas in regarding investing, but what important is you got to have a clear goal of what you want to do.

Therefore, if you have clear goal you will know what to do with your money either into shares or property (there are no right or wrong here).

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Viewing 16 posts - 61 through 76 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.